My friend never takes my advice?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have quite a strange relationship with my best friend since we hang out at school all day everyday, but she actually has a social life whilst I don't. I'm always giving her advice and she never takes it. She's said before that I give good advice and yet she never seems to get the message when I'm telling her something is a bad idea. I'm just wondering if this is common for other people, and if any of you don't listen to advice, why is that?
username1623349
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because she's under no obligation to follow your advice? She's not asking you whether or not you think it is a bad idea, so she doesn't need to listen to you. Even if she did ask for advice, she can take on board what you've said without actually having to follow it. Why should you get to tell her what to do?
Little Old Me
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe she's stubborn and thinks she knows what's best. Or maybe she doesn't realise you're giving her advice x
username360639
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sometimes, even if your advice is great, some people might not see it as being the most suitable solution in a situation. Tbh she might be just taking in your advice, and it's more or less going in through one ear and out the other. Does she ask for your advice or do you just give it anyway? She doesn't want to hurt your feelings and that's why she doesn't want to tell you that she thinks of your advice - even if it is amazing advice. I'm not one of those people that follows every piece of advice my mates suggest. I normally do what I thinks best, but I'm always option to suggestions. I think your friend is the same, open to what you think, but once she thinks it over, it's either your advice, family advice, other friends advice or her owns which she will follow. Even if you think it's not the best choice, you have your own life, she has her own, it's best to just let it be even if you tried to bring something to the table.
ssupernova
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah my friends are like this , no matter how much you tell them something they have their own mind and so can behave as they wish . It is a pain having to be there to pick up the pieces when they do something you advised them against and they come
To you crying about it . But that's all part of being a friend . Being there for them no matter what !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed