This discussion is closed.
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
LOL very nice.
Anyway cheerio fellow Scot. Must go early as the evil that is Higher Maths looms out of the darkness and reminds me that it's tomorrow :eek:
Good Hunting
A0307
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Anyone else have AH maths today? What did you think of it?

I was dreading it but actually found it a good bit easier than I thought it would be, think it went quite well!
Acaila
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by calumc)

I was dreading it but actually found it a good bit easier than I thought it would be, think it went quite well!
Just Higher for ickle me But that was alright. My friend is sitting AH but I haven't spoken to her yet due to the time difference
rts
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i had AH maths today and i thought it was ok. I was expecting a lot more 'standard' questions like second order differential equations, De Moivre's theorem and things like that rather than weird questions about odd functions and transformation matrices.

but i think i did alright, except for a few questions which i had no idea how to do / got impossible answers for.
Hellsbells
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was dreading AH maths too, but it was a really good paper *sigh of relief*

rts - where are you going to uni/ what do you plan to study? Nice to see a new Scot on here
mussed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by calumc)

It was a straightforward paper, thank goodness - did you see the Higher, too? That was *very* straightforward
rts
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Hellsbells)
I was dreading AH maths too, but it was a really good paper *sigh of relief*

rts - where are you going to uni/ what do you plan to study? Nice to see a new Scot on here
i've been around for a while, but i don't post often. hopefully i will be going to cambridge to do natural sciences (depending on my maths/physics/chem results). yourself? what other exams are you doing this year?
Hellsbells
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rts)
i've been around for a while, but i don't post often. hopefully i will be going to cambridge to do natural sciences (depending on my maths/physics/chem results). yourself? what other exams are you doing this year?
I'm hopfully off to Oxford to do biochemistry. I had AH biology on Wednesday, and my last exam is AH chemistry (which I haven't started revising for... have you?).

Good luck with revision

ps - where in Scotland are you from?
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mussed)
It was a straightforward paper, thank goodness - did you see the Higher, too? That was *very* straightforward
Except when stupid equations don't factorise!!! grrrr {stomps on maths paper}
But it was a lot easier than I was expecting.
rts
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Hellsbells)
I'm hopfully off to Oxford to do biochemistry. I had AH biology on Wednesday, and my last exam is AH chemistry (which I haven't started revising for... have you?).

Good luck with revision

ps - where in Scotland are you from?
i am from glasgow. i haven't started chemistry yet but i plan to this week with physics. i think i know most of it and it will come down to how well i think during the exam anyway.
Faboba
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rts)
Which college?
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Am I the only Scot not from Glasgow or Edinburgh?
rts
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Faboba)
Which college?
churchill college.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
So what do people think the direction we should go in regarding Scottish subforums should be? Personally I think it would be wrong to have a dedicated Highers forum when we don't have one for AS/A2's. I think that the most appropriate think to do would be to make amendments to the individual uni subforums to include some uni's from Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Opinions, thoughts, feelings?!? :confused:
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
How about a General Scottish section located somewhere? A sort of devolved sub-forum?
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
So what do people think the direction we should go in regarding Scottish subforums should be? Personally I think it would be wrong to have a dedicated Highers forum when we don't have one for AS/A2's. I think that the most appropriate think to do would be to make amendments to the individual uni subforums to include some uni's from Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Opinions, thoughts, feelings?!? :confused:
Do we really need them :confused:
There are already too many, particularly in the University section.
Then again with this New Posts feature I guess it wouldn't be too much of a problem.
AboveMyChamberD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hey

I sat Higher maths too yesterday - lots of people are saying that they found it straightforward (luckily, so did I)

I have a question for my compatriots, though. I've been told that at SG if you score 80+% in a paper you get a '1', nomatter how everybody else does (except when its incredibly difficult), but at Higher, c. 20% get an "A". My worry is this: because everybody did so well (relatively), will that push the threshold for an "A" way up? What do you think?

The exams this year have all been really straightforward - whats that about???
Hellsbells
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by AboveMyChamberD)
My worry is this: because everybody did so well (relatively), will that push the threshold for an "A" way up? What do you think?
If a paper is easy and people do well, the threshold will go up - but probably only by a couple of percent. Apparently they moved the higher maths threshold up last year, so I don't know why they made the paper relatively easy again...

Stop worrying so much!
Hellsbells
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
Am I the only Scot not from Glasgow or Edinburgh?
Where are you from?
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Do we really need them :confused:
There are already too many, particularly in the University section.
Then again with this New Posts feature I guess it wouldn't be too much of a problem.
To truely justify the *UK* in UKL then it could be argued that it is a good idea.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
23.79%
No (237)
76.21%

Watched Threads