The Student Room Group

Gsce music plaigerism?

Im really worried atm because i've been doing my music coursework and when i started, i basically just took some jazz/blues chords that i found from a few youtubers. They aren't just normal f7 chords they are all altered and stuff and i have found a few videos of people playing them and they are popular "comping" chords.

I have used them in my song but put trumpets, drums, bass, other stuff going on in the left hand piano and saxaphones aswell but im just so scared that the piano chords will be marked as plaigerism so could someone please check the video out? :frown: type in "f only blues" and its the one with a man playing piano called "Eric arganesse" or somethingn. I have basically used the chords that he uses in the left hand but changed them slightly - is this plaigerism? I have a conpletelt different melody going on with the trumpets and stuff

i really need some advice so any answers are appreciated! :smile:
Original post by naomi2121
Im really worried atm because i've been doing my music coursework and when i started, i basically just took some jazz/blues chords that i found from a few youtubers. They aren't just normal f7 chords they are all altered and stuff and i have found a few videos of people playing them and they are popular "comping" chords.

I have used them in my song but put trumpets, drums, bass, other stuff going on in the left hand piano and saxaphones aswell but im just so scared that the piano chords will be marked as plaigerism so could someone please check the video out? :frown: type in "f only blues" and its the one with a man playing piano called "Eric arganesse" or somethingn. I have basically used the chords that he uses in the left hand but changed them slightly - is this plaigerism? I have a conpletelt different melody going on with the trumpets and stuff

i really need some advice so any answers are appreciated! :smile:

I'm pretty sure that won't be classed as plagiarism, especially if you've used a different melody and instruments! Besides, there's only a certain amount of chords available to use! You've taken inspiration from it and made it your own, which is what all good composers do. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending