The Student Room Group

Taking a year out

I have applied to Uni to start in September this year. Now I'm thinking of taking a year out. Is it possible to arrange this now? I haven't yet written back to any Uni or applied for student loans, couple of months until the deadlines.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by TRS much?
I have applied to Uni to start in September this year. Now I'm thinking of taking a year out. Is it possible to arrange this now? In haven't yet written back to any Uni or applied for student loans, couple of months until the deadlines.

If you get into any of the universities you've applied for, you can ask for a deferred entry. If you're thinking of taking a year out, then it's probably best to do that as you don't want to rush into a decision without having long enough to think about it. A couple of months will fly by, and you'll have had to make your final choice so I would wait :smile:
Original post by TRS much?
I have applied to Uni to start in September this year. Now I'm thinking of taking a year out. Is it possible to arrange this now? In haven't yet written back to any Uni or applied for student loans, couple of months until the deadlines.

I firmed and insured the 2 offers I had received from Exeter. I then emailed admissions, stating the reasons I wanted to defer. They replied, just asking me to confirm, and they then changed it to deferred on UCAS. Very straightforward and no questions. My friend deferred an offer from Sheffield 2 years running, no problem as well.
Reply 3
Thanks everyone :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending