?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago

Contents
  1. Introduction
  2. Main Aims
  3. Members
  4. Manifesto

Introduction
We believe the National Conservatives cannot simply be represented by left or right politics, despite having an emphasis on conservatism and other right-wing ideologies, with our stance on progressivism, the environment and NHS for all, rich and poor. For too long, mainstream politics has been dominated by the big three parties with their empty promises - Labour, Liberal Democrats, and Conservatives. They have tried to fix their problems and the problems of those before them but our great nation is spiralling out of control and is no longer the global power it once was, but the National Conservative party is here to change that.

Main aims

• Reduce net migration to the UK to below 100,000 using the new Cox Points System, allowing only those who will contribute the most residence in the UK.
  • Increase military spending to 2.5% of GDP, reduce Foreign Aid to 0.1% GDP
  • Reduce CO2 emissions and increase green subsidies, renewable energy is a necessity to slow climate change and preserve the future for generations to come
  • Against NHS privatisation
  • Introduce Evans Scholarships, funded by the government for select STEM degrees
  • Increase government spending on scientific research from 0.5% to 1.2% of GDP over 10 years
  • Let the British public decide the UK’s EU membership in a 2016 referendum
  • Replace the 'First-past-the-post' election system with the 'Single Transferable Vote' (STV) system
  • Against blindly following the USA into foreign wars which are not in the interest of British people
  • Overhaul the benefits system and give it only to those who truly need it

Members
Current members of the NatCon party are AstroNandos and Ozzin.

Manifesto
The TSR National Conservatives GE2015 manifesto will be released between 3rd - 8th April.
Attached files
CeeYooEnTee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Very interesting, will you be increasing taxes to pay for this increased expenditure?
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
(Original post by CeeYooEnTee)
Very interesting, will you be increasing taxes to pay for this increased expenditure?
To pay for the increased expenditure in stated areas, there will be cuts to other areas, increasing green taxes on business (however the proportion of this will not only be affected by damage to environment, but size of the business so that we don't start bankrupting lots of emerging businesses), and a crackdown on health tourism and inefficiency within the NHS.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Reduce benifits even more!!! Why??
AstroNandos
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aph)
Reduce benifits even more!!! Why??
It's not a reduction on the amount of what people recieve in benefits, it's more of a reduction on what's wasted. Such as those who recieve benefits and do not actually need them, where they are perfectly able to work but choose not to. It's more of reducing the amount of people on benefits, so only those who genuinely can't live without them recieve it.

We also want to change the way people recieve benefits, so it can only go on what's necessary. This might work by paying, let's say the rent or food costs, directly to a landlord or supplier, so it cannot be wasted on unnecessary items like high-end computers and cigarettes
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AstroNandos)
It's not a reduction on the amount of what people recieve in benefits, it's more of a reduction on what's wasted. Such as those who recieve benefits and do not actually need them, where they are perfectly able to work but choose not to. It's more of reducing the amount of people on benefits, so only those who genuinely can't live without them recieve it.

We also want to change the way people recieve benefits, so it can only go on what's necessary. This might work by paying, let's say the rent or food costs, directly to a landlord or supplier, so it cannot be wasted on unnecessary items like high-end computers and cigarettes
You mean the 3% of the welfare budget...
AstroNandos
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aph)
You mean the 3% of the welfare budget...
And how big is the welfare budget?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AstroNandos)
And how big is the welfare budget?
Actually it's less then 3% unless you intend to scrap child tax credit.
AstroNandos
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aph)
Actually it's less then 3% unless you intend to scrap child tax credit.
We are still working on policies which will ultimately be cuts to the welfare budget, and I imagine it will be more than 3%. This will be covered in our manifesto next week.

Even just 1% of the welfare budget is a cashpile which would contribute greatly to green energy subsidies.
AmberTheApple
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I agree with all but the points of 'reduce immigration to 100,000 per year' - Divide it by 10 and you may have a party member.
The_Mighty_Bush
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AmberTheApple)
I agree with all but the points of 'reduce immigration to 100,000 per year' - Divide it by 10 and you may have a party member.
lol - The longterm viability of the British economy would massively suffer with such low immigration. Is this after or including EU immigration?
AmberTheApple
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
lol - The longterm viability of the British economy would massively suffer with such low immigration. Is this after or including EU immigration?
We survived for 1000 years without extreme amounts of immigration, I'm sure we can do it again!

In my eyes it was including eu immigration but perhaps it was a bit too steep, certainly no more than 40 thousand a year including EU immigration.
The_Mighty_Bush
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We survived for 1000 years without extreme amounts of immigration, I'm sure we can do it again!

In my eyes it was including eu immigration but perhaps it was a bit too steep, certainly no more than 40 thousand a year including EU immigration.
We were having children then! You should look into the Birth rates of most European countries. They are low historically and will mean that the population will fall without immigration and the generation imbalance will become worse.
AmberTheApple
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We were having children then! You should look into the Birth rates of most European countries. They are low historically and will mean that the population will fall without immigration and the generation imbalance will become worse.
Our country cannot hold so many people! We are only a small island! It's a good thing that our population should naturally be falling!
The_Mighty_Bush
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Our country cannot hold so many people! We are only a small island! It's a good thing that our population should naturally be falling!
Prepare to be poorer if such a thing happens. Our current lifestyle would not be sustainable with a falling population and further generational imbalance.
AstroNandos
Rep:
?
Around 100,000, maybe 80,000 seems good enough for us at the moment. There still are positive aspects to immigration, and our figure will only include those who will be of most value to the United Kingdom. The optimum figure we believe will be addressed in our manifesto (as well as our own points system), but it will most likely be 90,000 +/-10,000, so do stay tuned in the coming days!

The figure (which is only a rough figure until the manifesto) is net migration into the UK, so non-EU and EU immigration to the UK is included
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there,

To continue on in the Political Party Contest, parties and independent candidates must meet all the requirements posted each week in the main thread. Unfortunately, your party has not fulfilled all the necessary requirements. It is understood that life can get in the way of lengthy competitions like these. However, that does mean that you do not qualify for the next rounds, and that your thread will hereby be locked.

We thank you for your interest and participation. There will be other events in the future, and we hope to see you in one or more of those!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
15.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (39)
9.7%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (76)
18.91%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.68%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.95%
How can I be the best version of myself? (123)
30.6%

Watched Threads