The Affirmative Liberal Party (ALP)

Watch this thread
arfah
Badges: 17
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello people!

This is my own party and I will be participating as an independent candidate.

The mainstream political parties of today have shaped the future for years and years. However, it seems that these parties Now appear to be weak. Through the amount of votes they obtain, we are able to recognize faults. We, yes YOU are no longer able to rely on these parties any longer. The voting system does not appear to be working anymore, as the Conservative-Lib Dem coalition has verified. Smaller parties are getting more and more votes. We need change.

Our, Affirmative Liberal Party is all about order with an element of freedom, but accepts pragmatism according to circumstances. We believe in a society that is organised but the individuals are free. Therefore, we will not tolerate a class based system, that favours one class over another. Rather, we will strive to shape the future together as one big community. Hence, we will aim to cap the idea of an 'underclass' with our policies. Together, we will change the future into something our pensioners of today will look at with pride and glory. We welcome different cultures and ideas into our party. Although we like order and stance, freedom will not be limited. A referendum will be promised every year, on the most debated issue at that time. Petitions will be looked at considerably and we will try and take into account the opinions of YOU. Yes you are our future.

Party Manifesto

ALP
CHANGE WILL HAPPEN

Summary:

- The NHS will not be privatised, as it leads to BAD health.
- Education for the future- Improvement of state schools, cutting down of free schools.
- We will control immigration to create further jobs and cap the idea of an 'underclass.'
- We wish to stay int he EU due to its many educational and economic benefits.
- Our economy aims are to reduce inflation, cut the deficit and maintain full employment to create a 'big society'

In debth overview:

NHS- We will NOT privatise the NHS. Privatisation does lead to BAD health. This is due to the fact that it reduces the quality of care because private companies are looking solely to make money. When 60% of the costs of healthcare is on staff salaries, the only way to make money is to cut staff, and then the quality of care goes down. The privatised US health care system has been ranked the worst in the world by international experts. It also leads to It leads to fragmentation – most of the gains in cancer, stroke and heart attack care in this country in the last decade or two have come from collaborative work; we believe you can’t have collaboration if you’re all supposed to be competing with each other. Therefore Privatisation is a big NO from ALP. We believe quality of care is vital, not competition.

Education- We believe Education is the most significant factor in deciding our people’s future. Therefore, we see the improvement of state school education as one of our prime aims. We will also cut down on free schools, and thus the number of unqualified teachers will be reduced. Private schools will be carry on functioning due to the high standard and quality of teaching. Furthermore, we see attending university as vital, for the majority of students. Hence, we will reduce tuition fees from £9000 a year to a lesser amount of £5000 to appeal to a wide range students from all backgrounds. Apprenticeships will increase for individuals who wish to work alongside their study.

Immigration- I assure you we are not a racist party (the leader of this party is Asian, may I emphasise) However, we will control immigration. We see this as vital to create further jobs and improve the lives of the individual’s currently residing in Britain. This will also aid our aim to cap the ‘underclass’ created by Mrs Thatcher.

EU- We wish to stay in the EU. We believe there are many benefits of staying in the EU. The benefits include educational benefits; the ERASMUS programme, which enables students and staff to study or work at another higher education institution in the EU. Over 7,000 British students went universities elsewhere in the EU in 2008/09 and 16,000 students from other EU countries came to the UK in the same year. Economic benefits; By being a Member State of the European Union the United Kingdom is part of the world’s largest single market – an economic zone larger than that of the USA and Japan combined with a total GDP of around £11 trillion. Furthermore, there are crime and healthcare benefits as well. Therefore, we will not be promising to hold a referendum on the EU. However, we are a pragmatic party, thus we may offer a referendum according to the public mood at the time.

Economy- We are a party that perceives controlling inflation as vital, but we also see maintaining full employment as necessary to create our ‘big society.’ Therefore, we will cap 0 hour contracts, to avoid a person not earning money to provide a day’s bread for their family. Instead, we will be increasing jobs in different aspects that will engage the wider public. The minimum wage will be increased to £8.50 an hour, in order to avoid poverty and to aid the ‘underclass’, as we wish to completely cap that term or idea. We will promise to cut the deficit by the end of our first term in office. This is a promise we will be abiding to.

If anyone has any questions or comments on any of these polices feel free to ask/comment below or PM me instead. Image
CeeYooEnTee
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
so how will you do away with the class system?
username1504459
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Sounds good, but how will you unite everybody in one big community?
arfah
(Original post by CeeYooEnTee)
so how will you do away with the class system?
My policies will benefit the working class to a great extent. I will issue more jobs for the 'less well off' in society, in order to get rid of the underclass created by Mrs Thatcher. The improvement and investment of state schools is a key policy of mine. Free schools/unqualified teachers will be will be reduced. Hence, this will benefit the future generations, as it is a long term policy. All this will aim to do away with the class system. My policies will not be effecting the better off. I don't intend on capping private school etc. Basically, just more opportunities for the poorer sections of society.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
The mainstream political parties of today have shaped the future for generations and generations
wrong, the lib dems are only a generation old, 'new labour' 2 and the Tories maybe 10 so you are right there.
arfah
(Original post by jedanselemyia)
Sounds good, but how will you unite everybody in one big community?
Aw thank you so much
Well, my party stance is to create a balance between order and freedom. I believe this balance will create a more equal society, in which people are more willing to cooperate with each other and unite together. I think my manifesto will give a better overview of how I intend to create this 'big community.'
arfah
(Original post by Aph)
wrong, the lib dems are only a generation old, 'new labour' 2 and the Tories maybe 10 so you are right there.
By mainstream I was talking about Labour and the Conservatives. Thank you for pointing this out! I will correct myself.
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by arfah)
Hello people!

This is my own party and I will be participating as an independent candidate.

The mainstream political parties of today have shaped the future for years and years. However, it seems that these parties Now appear to be weak. Through the amount of votes they obtain, we are able to recognize faults. We, yes YOU are no longer able to rely on these parties any longer. The voting system does not appear to be working anymore, as the Conservative-Lib Dem coalition has verified. Smaller parties are getting more votes than our mainstream Political parties. We need change.

Our, Affirmative Liberal Party is all about order with an element of freedom, but accepts pragmatism according to circumstances. We believe in a society that is organised but the individuals are free. Therefore, we will not tolerate a class based system, that favours one class over another. Rather, we will strive to shape the future together as one big community. Hence, we will aim to cap the idea of an 'underclass' with our policies. Together, we will change the future into something our pensioners of today will look at with pride and glory. We welcome different cultures and ideas into our party. Although we like order and stance, freedom will not be limited. A referendum will be promised every year, on the most debated issue at that time. Petitions will be looked at considerably and we will try and take into account the opinions of YOU. Yes you are our future.

I will release my Manifesto soon. In the mean time, if anyone has any questions please post in this thread. Alternatively, pm me. I will be happy to answer any questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is your policies on immigration?
arfah
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile

What is your policies on immigration?
I assure you we are not a racist party. (The leader of this party is Asian)
However, we will be controlling immigration, to create further jobs for the people the already live here. I think this is an important necessity to maintain order and create a less class based society. Hence, controlled immigration is a policy of ALP.
username1504459
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by arfah)
Aw thank you so much Well, my party stance is to create a balance between order and freedom. I believe this balance will create a more equal society, in which people are more willing to cooperate with each other and unite together. I think my manifesto will give a better overview of how I intend to create this 'big community.'
You're welcome
Great! I can't wait to read your manifesto
arfah
(Original post by jedanselemyia)
You're welcome
Great! I can't wait to read your manifesto
I can't wait to show it to everyone!:mmm:
arfah
Party Manifesto

ALP
CHANGE WILL HAPPEN

Summary:

- The NHS will not be privatised, as it leads to BAD health.
- Education for the future- Improvement of state schools, cutting down of free schools.
- We will control immigration to create further jobs and cap the idea of an 'underclass.'
- We wish to stay int he EU due to its many educational and economic benefits.
- Our economy aims are to reduce inflation, cut the deficit and maintain full employment to create a 'big society'

In debth overview:

NHS- We will NOT privatise the NHS. Privatisation does lead to BAD health. This is due to the fact that it reduces the quality of care because private companies are looking solely to make money. When 60% of the costs of healthcare is on staff salaries, the only way to make money is to cut staff, and then the quality of care goes down. The privatised US health care system has been ranked the worst in the world by international experts. It also leads to It leads to fragmentation – most of the gains in cancer, stroke and heart attack care in this country in the last decade or two have come from collaborative work; we believe you can’t have collaboration if you’re all supposed to be competing with each other. Therefore Privatisation is a big NO from ALP. We believe quality of care is vital, not competition.

Education- We believe Education is the most significant factor in deciding our people’s future. Therefore, we see the improvement of state school education as one of our prime aims. We will also cut down on free schools, and thus the number of unqualified teachers will be reduced. Private schools will be carry on functioning due to the high standard and quality of teaching. Furthermore, we see attending university as vital, for the majority of students. Hence, we will reduce tuition fees from £9000 a year to a lesser amount of £5000 to appeal to a wide range students from all backgrounds. Apprenticeships will increase for individuals who wish to work alongside their study.

Immigration- I assure you we are not a racist party (the leader of this party is Asian, may I emphasise) However, we will control immigration. We see this as vital to create further jobs and improve the lives of the individual’s currently residing in Britain. This will also aid our aim to cap the ‘underclass’ created by Mrs Thatcher.

EU- We wish to stay in the EU. We believe there are many benefits of staying in the EU. The benefits include educational benefits; the ERASMUS programme, which enables students and staff to study or work at another higher education institution in the EU. Over 7,000 British students went universities elsewhere in the EU in 2008/09 and 16,000 students from other EU countries came to the UK in the same year. Economic benefits; By being a Member State of the European Union the United Kingdom is part of the world’s largest single market – an economic zone larger than that of the USA and Japan combined with a total GDP of around £11 trillion. Furthermore, there are crime and healthcare benefits as well. Therefore, we will not be promising to hold a referendum on the EU. However, we are a pragmatic party, thus we may offer a referendum according to the public mood at the time.

Economy- We are a party that perceives controlling inflation as vital, but we also see maintaining full employment as necessary to create our ‘big society.’ Therefore, we will cap 0 hour contracts, to avoid a person not earning money to provide a day’s bread for their family. Instead, we will be increasing jobs in different aspects that will engage the wider public. The minimum wage will be increased to £8.50 an hour, in order to avoid poverty and to aid the ‘underclass’, as we wish to completely cap that term or idea. We will promise to cut the deficit by the end of our first term in office. This is a promise we will be abiding to.

If anyone has any questions or comments on any of these polices feel free to ask/comment below or PM me instead.

Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Why do you think you can't be racist just because your leader is Asian? Is racism exclusive to white people?
arfah
(Original post by Arkasia)
Why do you think you can't be racist just because your leader is Asian? Is racism exclusive to white people?
No racism is not exclusive to white people. I just think that the people discriminated on tend to be ethnic people, thus me. I'm Asian and an ethnic minority. Furthermore, people at the establishment do tend to be white. I think Asian people can be racist in many instances, but since ethnic minorities do not have much power in politics, I do think it's fair to say that white people have more influence in racism which is backed up by UKIP. You don't see a racist Muslim political party around that has much influence. Besides this, the reason I said I am Asian, is to suggest that controlled immigration is not necessarily to decrease the number of non white people living in the UK, which actually suggests I am creating a balance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by arfah)
No racism is not exclusive to white people. I just think that the people discriminated on tend to be ethnic people, thus me. I'm Asian and an ethnic minority. Furthermore, people at the establishment do tend to be white. I think Asian people can be racist in many instances, but since ethnic minorities do not have much power in politics, I do think it's fair to say that white people have more influence in racism which is backed up by UKIP. You don't see a racist Muslim political party around that has much influence. Besides this, the reason I said I am Asian, is to suggest that controlled immigration is not necessarily to decrease the number of non white people living in the UK, which actually suggests I am creating a balance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firstly, 'ethnic' is a meaningless buzzword. Everyone is 'ethnic'. Further, discrimination comes in a multitude of forms, so I am not sure minorities are more discriminated against as a whole, although I would agree they are in certain areas. Again, if people in the establishment tend to be white, wouldn't that be good, since it reflects the white-majority populous? Arguably the most racist individual in politics, Dianne Abbott, is both female and black.

The notion that UKIP is a racist party is one bred of public ignorance, as well as a healthy dose of media bias against UKIP, with the main three parties (Lib, Lab, Con) trying to discredit the only challenge to their power in the last few decades, if not more. Indeed, Farage has stated time and time again that they are neither trying to kick out non-natives, nor prevent more 'non-whites' come into the country. They want the best and most worthy people to come in, and not the rest, regardless of race, gender, or sexuality. Yet again, you don't see a racist muslim party that has much influence because muslims are a minority. It's not a matter of clashing ideologies (although many would suggest Islam is inherently racist, sexist and more), but a matter of statistics.
arfah
Firstly, 'ethnic' is a meaningless buzzword. Everyone is 'ethnic'. Further, discrimination comes in a multitude of forms, so I am not sure minorities are more discriminated against as a whole, although I would agree they are in certain areas. Again, if people in the establishment tend to be white, wouldn't that be good, since it reflects the white-majority populous? Arguably the most racist individual in politics, Dianne Abbott, is both female and black.

The notion that UKIP is a racist party is one bred of public ignorance, as well as a healthy dose of media bias against UKIP, with the main three parties (Lib, Lab, Con) trying to discredit the only challenge to their power in the last few decades, if not more. Indeed, Farage has stated time and time again that they are neither trying to kick out non-natives, nor prevent more 'non-whites' come into the country. They want the best and most worthy people to come in, and not the rest, regardless of race, gender, or sexuality. Yet again, you don't see a racist muslim party that has much influence because muslims are a minority. It's not a matter of clashing ideologies (although many would suggest Islam is inherently racist, sexist and more), but a matter of statistics.

You make very good points, but I do think you're ignorant if you believe UKIP is not a racist party. Have you watched the debates? Farage himself seems to bring immigrants into every political issue he can. The NHS for example, which I believe cannot be blamed on immigrants, as immigrants do and have contributed so much to the NHS. However, I'm not Farage, so I am as you rightly say only judging on what I see in the media. Nonetheless, the debates are an accurate example for his 'hate' towards immigrants. Besides the debates, if you have watched BBC's free speech you will see in series 4 episode 4 Diane James (MEP for UKIP), who appears to have no answers for why UKIP appeals to 'racists.' She repeatedly tells the young audience that she does not agree with Farage and his ideas, which suggests she is embarrassed of the fact that he does not wish to hear 'foreign languages on trains.' (Farage has said this) Now tell me is it really such a political issue if people wish to converse in their own language? I think that is racism and not an issue. In fact speaking different languages is good and shows how multi lingual/multi cultural the UK is, but that is another topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Your manifesto hasn`t said a lot about your foreign policy though.How would your party respond to a foreign crisis like the civil war in Syria ?
arfah
(Original post by Kadak)
Your manifesto hasn`t said a lot about your foreign policy though.How would your party respond to a foreign crisis like the civil war in Syria ?
I think I would attempt to compromise. However, in those circumstances direct action should be taken. So my response would be direct action for foreign policy. and sending troops over to Syria.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Each party should have a name and may (this is optional) have a logo. The logo should be an original design.
http://binaryminimumdeposit.com/fore...nimum-deposit/

http://accountassist.in/mobile/digit...tificates.html

Etc.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

Congratulations! You have met all the requirements set out so far in this competition. This means that you have qualified to continue on to the next round. Reluire will open a thread tomorrow where you will be able to post your speech. The deadline for speeches is 23:59 on the 16th of April. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads