Correct order to watch the Star Wars series?

Watch
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've finally got my hand on the Star Wars box set after a long time of wishing to own it :awesome: . Now let's assume I haven't seen Star Wars before, is the correct order to watch it 1-6, or start with 4-6 and go back to 1-3?

I've read arguments for and against on the internet, but completely clueless as to which to do. Surely watching it 1-6 means the story makes the most sense?
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For me it would be 1-6, not only for the simple reason of watching the series in chronological order but also because it gets the worst films out of the way first :ahee:
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)
For me it would be 1-6, not only for the simple reason of watching the series in chronological order but also because it gets the worst films out of the way first :ahee:
Since no one seems to object, I will go in that order then :awesome:
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nirgilis)
Since no one seems to object, I will go in that order then :awesome:
No, don't. Watch IV-VI first. Isolate them from the rest, untainted. If you have to watch the others, watch them afterwards.
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Watched 4,5,6,1,2,3
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nirgilis)
I've finally got my hand on the Star Wars box set after a long time of wishing to own it :awesome: . Now let's assume I haven't seen Star Wars before, is the correct order to watch it 1-6, or start with 4-6 and go back to 1-3?

I've read arguments for and against on the internet, but completely clueless as to which to do. Surely watching it 1-6 means the story makes the most sense?
1-6 for me but 1 can be missed and 2 though important was a bit of a fail.
muf_mur
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
4-6 than 1-3
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
4-6 and then bin the prequels
Boy_wonder_95
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Most exciting is 4 5 1 2 3 6. It's better to end on 6 rather than 3 as it ties up loose ends of both trilogies. You're welcome.
NickObey97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Watch IV, V and VI first. They are Star Wars and have all the things that make Star Wars great. If you must watch the prequels, then do it knowing what Star Wars actually is.
username1331498
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1-6. Although the prequels may not be the best movies, they are still worth watching.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (254)
43.87%

Watched Threads