The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

UCL, Exeter or Leeds?

I have just received my final uni offer from UCL. I had applied to study French and English BA, but due to the popularity of the course, they have offered me French BA, or French with another language of my choice. The offer is AAA. I've received five offers, but have narrowed it down to Exeter, Leeds and UCL. Exeter and Leeds have both offered me AAB for English and French. I am unsure as to whether I should accept UCL due to its academic excellenc, or go for Exeter or Leeds as they have the course I originally chose. If anyone studying at one of these unis would be able to give me more of an insight into student life, courses etc I would be grateful. Thank you!
UCL>Exeter>Leeds
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Pick UCL no matter what tbh
Reply 3
Original post by Willburrr
UCL>Exeter>Leeds

Thanks. Is that just going off league tables or generally?
Reply 4
Original post by frances98
Pick UCL no matter what tbh

Very tempted to, as I'm sure the course will still be good. But unsure how much I should base my decision on league tables, reputation etc.
Original post by rosiedoo
Very tempted to, as I'm sure the course will still be good. But unsure how much I should base my decision on league tables, reputation etc.

At the end of the day employers will probably prefer to hear UCL over Leeds or exeter

Posted from TSR Mobile
the difference between these universities in stature is very little. choose the course that suits you best and the location you prefer. if you feel you are going to be happy in a vast city choose ucl or leeds. if on the other hand you prefer a smaller more rural environment go for Exeter. you are going for 3 years and it is vital you will be happy wherever you choose
Original post by rosiedoo
Thanks. Is that just going off league tables or generally?

That's my opinion based on prestige and academic reputation. League tables don't really mean jack - pick one based on your opinion of the uni, but in terms of which is regarded as the best uni, its UCL followed by Exeter then Leeds (the latter two don't have much between them at all). UCL isn't massively better, any top 20 Russell Group uni asides from Oxbridge are around about the same level in the eyes of employers etc in comparison to other unis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending