The Student Room Group

A2 coursework help language analysis AQA B the apprentice

Hi,

I am writing my language analysis very last minute. I am analysing the language used by different genders to promote themselves in 'to the camera' shots.

I have transcribed the data but am now struggling to analyse it. I am after three subsections/ frameworks that I can quantify and then analyse the results.

Eg if this was for dyadic discourse something to be quantified could be the number of interruptions by males/ females. I could then compare the numbers.

I thought this would be a good question and I thought I had an idea of how I would analyse it but am now totally lost, and have invested too much time (so so many hours!) into the transcripts to go with something else now.

Any help at all appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Examples are
Dan Harris 10.40
In business there’s no place for shirkers, no place for passengers(1) I insist the people that work for me deliver(1) I can intimidate people(.) but im all about getting results(.) if I achieve what I want I don’t care

Stuart Baggs 6.27
People aspire to have a-a flash sports car (.) maybe a house in the country (.) I’ve got all that already (.) wheres my glass ceiling (.) I don’t have one I am stuart baggs the brand(.) im confident (.) im unique and Im successful

Raleigh Addington 6.50
The last few months have been really tough with rejection letters coming through the post but I really want this and im gunna prove a lot of people wrong

Latest

Trending

Trending