The Student Room Group

exam and course work percentages

I'm currently deciding my gcse options and I'm not sure if I would like to do business studies or not. I wad wondering what the percentage of coursework and examination is for this subject and computer science for the 2017 GCSEs. Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by sonia.parmar
I'm currently deciding my gcse options and I'm not sure if I would like to do business studies or not. I wad wondering what the percentage of coursework and examination is for this subject and computer science for the 2017 GCSEs. Thanks.

You'll be takiing the current GCSE specs. For Business the controlled assessment makesx up 25% and for Computer Science it is 60%.
Reply 2
Is it possible to do business studies in college without getting the gcse?
Reply 3
Is it possible to do business studies in college without getting the gcse?

Talk to the college in question. There are plenty of other Business courses available apart from the GCSE.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
Talk to the college in question. There are plenty of other Business courses available apart from the GCSE.

I don't quite understand
Reply 5
I don't quite understand

Why do you want to study Business at college?
Why do you not want to take the GCSE exam?

If you are interested in studying some sort of Busienss course then I suggest that you talk to your local colege about the courses they run (BTEC, GCSE, A level etc) and decide what would suit you. Thy will be reluctant to enrol you on a course that you don't intend to compelee.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
Why do you want to study Business at college?
Why do you not want to take the GCSE exam?

If you are interested in studying some sort of Busienss course then I suggest that you talk to your local colege about the courses they run (BTEC, GCSE, A level etc) and decide what would suit you. Thy will be reluctant to enrol you on a course that you don't intend to compelee.

I do want to do the exam but due to the spaces that are available at my school I may not be able to do the gcse. So if I am able to do it in college without the GCSE it could help.
Reply 7
I do want to do the exam but due to the spaces that are available at my school I may not be able to do the gcse. So if I am able to do it in college without the GCSE it could help.

Do you mean do it at college once you finish GCSEs, so instead of A levels? Or while you're doing your GCSEs?

You don't normally need business studies GCSE to do a BTEC or A Level in it, if that's what you mean. It's just quite a steep learning curve for the first part of the year, particularly for A Level (although not impossible)
Reply 8
Original post by AdamCee
Do you mean do it at college once you finish GCSEs, so instead of A levels? Or while you're doing your GCSEs?

You don't normally need business studies GCSE to do a BTEC or A Level in it, if that's what you mean. It's just quite a steep learning curve for the first part of the year, particularly for A Level (although not impossible)

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest