Nazi Germany HELP!!??!?Watch
This may help,
You've gotta consider the guns or butter debate. So schacht's plan was part of the butter side, he wanted to improve the economy for the civilians and didn't really focus on rearmament. But he was soon replaced by Georing as Hitler wanted rearmament more and gearing said that he could make Germany ready for war within 4 years: he said that Germany could be made self sustainable and that Germany would have a impressive army again, so he didn't focus on things like food and the economy for normal civilians. So Georing was the Guns side of the Guns and Butter debate.
1) This plan reduced unemployment (which you probably already know was a big issue since Germany's defeat in WWI). This was done by creating jobs which were usually construction-related. Additionally, RAD (Reich Labour Service) was set up which was basically a compulsory labour service for the unemployed aged 18-25. They had to serve in this service for 6 months before military service. Finally, in 1935, many men were conscripted to the army and Jews were sacked from important jobs.
2) Schacht felt that Germany could not afford to re-arm and placed money into other areas; such as the industry.
3) Policy of Autarky (Autarky basically means self-sufficiency as Germany wanted to produce more goods internally rather than relying on imports): Imports were limited and raw materials were brought in from abroad).
This plan was a SUCCESS as it was able to solve the majority of Germany's problems and it also gave Hitler money to build the army.
1) Reduce unemployment even more by inventing jobs specifically in the factories. At this time, most of the men were conscripted into the armed forces. Additionally, he forced labour groups to build public essentials like roads.
2) He basically tried to build the industry up for war by increasing internal manufacture of goods such as iron, steel, etc.
3) He also kept a tight control of worker's wages.
This plan was a FAILURE because by 1939, Germany still depended on 33% of its self-sufficiency on imports, especially rubber, oil and iron ore.
Hope this helped!!!! If you need any more help on History, PM me, I'll be happy to help.