Just started AS revision... too late?

Watch
suzywithaZY
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths (AS + A2) this year.
However I only started revising properly yesterday. I am working at a high A at the moment (I did three past papers yesterday to see how I'd do with no revision- Chemistry Unit 1, I got 98UMS and I got 94 UMS in the physics unit 1 paper I did. I also got 97% in the C3 paper I did). Nonetheless, I still feel quite panicky. Is it too late for me to still do well?
I'm aiming for solid revision over the next two weeks of easter- but should I leave past papers for the second week of Easter? A more positive note is that I have a complete set of notes that I made for all my subjects before my mocks in January, so that helps.
Any tips/advice would be appreciated! Thanks
surprisedcake
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Clearly not as it seems you started revision in December for your mocks, and, you're getting almost 100% UMS.
suzywithaZY
Rep:
?
(Original post by surprisedcake)
Clearly not as it seems you started revision in December for your mocks, and, you're getting almost 100% UMS.
But even so, you never know with A-Levels. They're supposed to be hard :/
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You revised for mocks and have made notes so you started revision a while ago! You'll be fine.
Protégé
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I haven't even started and I'm working at Bs and Cs.
C0balt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I didn't revise for mock and no notes whatsoever, just been doing past papers and getting high As like yourself
We still have plenty of time and we are already in a good shape. Don't worry we'll be fine (I hope so anyway)

Posted from TSR Mobile
suzywithaZY
Rep:
?
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
You revised for mocks and have made notes so you started revision a while ago! You'll be fine.

(Original post by C0balt)
I didn't revise for mock and no notes whatsoever, just been doing past papers and getting high As like yourself
We still have plenty of time and we are already in a good shape. Don't worry we'll be fine (I hope so anyway)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahaha, this has helped quite a bit. Thanks guys, fingers crossed all goes well
C0balt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thechemistress)
Fingers crossed I'll have a proper eye sight on exam days that I will read the question properly...That's the major source of error atm :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thechemistress)
Best of luck

You'll be in my shoes next year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.12%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.33%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.01%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (42)
28.57%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.69%

Watched Threads