The Student Room Group

Which science A-level should i pick BIOLOGY/CHEMISTRY/PHYSICS

which is easiest and most enjoyable in comparison to other subjects
which is easiest and most enjoyable in comparison to other subjectss
Up to you.

What do you want to do with life, career/ university course wise? Which subject do YOU enjoy?

Everything is subjective. I could say: 'Do chemistry, I love chemistry! Ewww Physics'. Someone out there would probably give me the death glare and call me mad. So do what you think you would enjoy - if you enjoy it, you'll put more effort into it = easier (as it doesn't feel like a drudge to revise for/ work for as you enjoy it.)

:smile:

EDIT: Lol, my bad, didn't realise it was in the Med. forum. In that case, definitely Chemistry as it is compulsory for many Medicine courses. And probably Biology.
(edited 9 years ago)
Considering you posted this in the Medicine section, you should do biology and chemistry because I think that's what you need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by youreanutter
which is easiest and most enjoyable in comparison to other subjectss

Personally i like biology more because it's more explanation and i love explanation

but, if you prefer working with numbers and equations then do chemistry but personally i found it quite difficult and rigorous, i probably would've done better had i started revising early and paid attention in class and did homework lol

I have no experience of Physics A level

I had a friend who did better in chemistry and worse in biology, and it was the reverse for me
so look up the specifications etc. and see which one you'd prefer to learn

Regardless of my failure in chemistry, there were some parts that i really loved and enjoyed, like enthalpy changes and shapes of molecules, metals, Maxwell-Boltzman distribution (i remember them vividly they were really fun) the parts i hated were mainly halogens, they were the worst!

In AS though i think biology is more drab than at A2, it's not too bad, some parts are quite fun, things like the heart, plants etc. and a lot was actually easy like about diffusion and osmosis and enzymes, A2 is harder but more fun than AS
Just do what you enjoy. But I will say what you think you enjoy you might end up not enjoying. I thought I enjoyed chemistry and therefore chose it. Now i regret it :biggrin: (somewhat).
if you want to do medicine, you need chemistry for most unis!
If it's Medicine you're wanting to do, definitely Chem, and Bio if you can
Doing A2 Biology and Chemistry. Both are good A-levels since they both require you to think hollistically and apply concepts to novel contexts.
Reply 9
I took all three sciences for A level and don't regret that at all. Physics is an enjoyable a-level, there's a lot less to learn than bio and chem as well (at least on my exam boards) but if you're not confident with manipulating equations it could be intimidating. I found biology the easiest out of the sciences by far as there was more learning facts than applying. I did OCR salters for chemistry which is really fun but the exam papers are so specific you have to know the mark schemes inside out, but if you want to do medicine you'll need chemistry.
Original post by IHEM
I took all three sciences for A level and don't regret that at all. Physics is an enjoyable a-level, there's a lot less to learn than bio and chem as well (at least on my exam boards) but if you're not confident with manipulating equations it could be intimidating. I found biology the easiest out of the sciences by far as there was more learning facts than applying. I did OCR salters for chemistry which is really fun but the exam papers are so specific you have to know the mark schemes inside out, but if you want to do medicine you'll need chemistry.

what exams boards do you do +are they like in comparison of difficulty and what did u get at gcse for them
Reply 11
For Medicine

Chemistry (required) > Biology (recommended) > Physics (Optional)
Reply 12
I was on edexcel for physics and biology and ocr salters for chemistry. In my opinion biology is easy compared to the other two but I wouldn't say that the other two are hard in themselves. They tackle some slightly more challenging concepts. The edexcel physics and biology exam papers have a similar feel and differ from ocr but I think that's just the difference in the format of the papers. I got A* in all three at GCSE and A level. If you put work into learning the concepts (by the cgp guides) and learn the mark scheme styles, you'll be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending