The Student Room Group

Should I cut my losses

A- levels. They suck.
Its my only writing subject that causes the problem. I panic and don't write anything and can't envisage being able to do so in time for the exam (2mths). I'm not 100% sure what I'm panicking about. I didn't have this problem last year. The closest answer I've come up with is the fear of not writing anything, so I don't write anything. Self defeating cycle.
It's not even like what I write is bad. I tend to get A's when I'm completely calm, apart from when I can't keep the panic under control (ie in class/ timed conditions) when I don't manage to write anything. All I can focus on is the sound around me. Unhelpful
When I'm at home and panicking I do write something! Albeit badly /;
Right now presume this problem will remain and I will get a D (What I already have). If the exam were tomorrow I'm not sure i would show up. Too stressful. The school noticed when we had a timed assessment and I managed 2 sentences in an hour. I got breathing exercises. It stops me hyperventilating, but I still cant write. Tea helps but I can't have this because of health and safety.
Should I cut my losses? I would have more time to focus on my other subjects in addition to removing a major stressor. Although I REALLY don't want to do this as it would cost me my uni place.
):
speak to your exam officer and EXPLAIN YOUR SITUATION.
You will be allowed to do your exam privately in a much less stressful place, the only sound you'll be hearing is that of yourself, writing your essay ad getting an A....

Quick Reply

Latest