Turn on thread page Beta

Hello, I was wondering if the a level papers i took in early june such as P1, S1 and Chem 1 & 2 and mainly as ones, have they been marked do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    Hello, I was wondering if the a level papers i took in early june such as P1, S1 and Chem 1 & 2 and mainly as ones, have they been marked do you think?
    More than likely, but it really does depend on how quickly the board gets its act together. I went to see my form tutor today after my last exam, and he was marking scripts for AQA Business Studies paper 3, which was on Monday 2nd June. It was something like centre 61719 or something, just in case anyone here is curious

The thing that takes the most time, rather than the marking, is all the post marking admin, such as setting grade boundaries, checking for arithmetical errors, checking for other stuff, and then checking some more. All this checking is largely done by students employed on temporary contracts over the summer holidays !

Eddie

My chemistry teacher (who is on the WJEC board of examiners) says his first moderation and UMS meeting is about a week into July, so I'd expect a really quick turnaround on the earlier papers while the resources are available or the backlog is going to get huge.

Nah, they're all lazy asses.

But anyway, you won't know your results until August.

if you have a look at the AQA website it shows the entire process that an exam script goes through once its collected in from you.

Pretty interesting if you have very little to do with all your free time...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.