Questions about Law at University and Career in LawWatch this thread
I have a few questions regarding Law at Uni and also a career in Law and I was wondering whether anyone who has knowledge of this could help me. Some of them might be dumb and I apologise for that :/
- When do you apply for a Training Contract (TC)?
- What is an LPC? When is it done?
- Do you start working on your TC after your LPC?
- What is a Vac Scheme?
1) if you study law, then you apply for training contracts any point from the end of your penultimate year of undergraduate studies onwards. If you study a non-law degree then from your final year onwards.
2) Legal Practice Course - it is taken after you have completed your law degree or after the GDL (Graduate Diploma in Law) if you studied a non-law degree. You have to complete the LPC before you start your training contract.
4) a vacation scheme (vac scheme) is a short period of work experience, typically with a formal recruitment process. They typically last between a week to 4, and you can do them at various stages of your academic studies (first year of your degree onwards). Firms usually offer training contracts to a significant number of their vacation scheme attendees.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Apologies if my question is so stupid aha