Questions about Law at University and Career in Law

Watch this thread
345423KNL
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi everyone!

I have a few questions regarding Law at Uni and also a career in Law and I was wondering whether anyone who has knowledge of this could help me. Some of them might be dumb and I apologise for that :/

1. When do you apply for a Training Contract (TC)?
  2. What is an LPC? When is it done?
  3. Do you start working on your TC after your LPC?
  4. What is a Vac Scheme?

Thank you!!!!!!!!

345423KNL
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by J-SP)
1) if you study law, then you apply for training contracts any point from the end of your penultimate year of undergraduate studies onwards. If you study a non-law degree then from your final year onwards.

2) Legal Practice Course - it is taken after you have completed your law degree or after the GDL (Graduate Diploma in Law) if you studied a non-law degree. You have to complete the LPC before you start your training contract.

3) Yes

4) a vacation scheme (vac scheme) is a short period of work experience, typically with a formal recruitment process. They typically last between a week to 4, and you can do them at various stages of your academic studies (first year of your degree onwards). Firms usually offer training contracts to a significant number of their vacation scheme attendees.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So do you apply for the Training Contract then do the LPC or is it the other way round?

Apologies if my question is so stupid aha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
15.76%
The paper was reasonable (190)
49.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (97)
25.06%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10.08%

Watched Threads