The Student Room Group

Bristol or St. Andrews for Earth Sciences?

Hi, so I have offers from both to do Msci Environmental Geoscience with study abroad at bristol or Bsc Environmental Earth science at St. Andrews (both 4 years). I did really like bristol and feel I will get more out of that degree however I fell in love with the environment of St. A.
I have visited both and worry that I may feel very isolated at St. A (being from the suburbs of London) however I felt far more comfortable there than Bristol.

So any advice on either course / uni would be greatly appreciated so I can make my decision between the two! :smile:
Not going to lie but a MSci sounds better than a BSc and it is a higher degree, I would probably go with Bristol, unless of course you can get into a 2nd year entry degree at St Andrews.

I go to St Andrews, its a great school, small and tight knit and you'll make plenty of friends but I'm on a 3 year course and I wouldn't know if I would want a 4th year. I think Bristol being a larger city might be a more comfortable place to spend 4 years. It totally depends on the person however, some people love St Andrews to death and others I know can't wait to leave.

Quick Reply

Latest