my fam is totally against immigrants

Watch
melos_tori
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
so lately i've been talking to this boy and he was born in the UK but his parents weren't. My family are so against immigrants as they believe they come over to take all our benefits, thats how narrow minded they are. They are very racist also...im the only one who accepts people regardless of their skin colour/race/relgion. I just dont know what to do because if things do progress with me and this boy, im scared to take him home to meet my family because of what they might think or say
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The best way is to tell your parents how you feel. It seems like the older generation are closed minded.
Islamophile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Go ahead and teach them tolerance.

I cannot wait until I bring a Muslim girl over for dinner :clap2:
quentinhamilton
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd say you're a very open-minded person. My family aren't against immigration however, I'm constantly around people who are though I find their view fairly ridiculous. It's the history of immigration which people lack
bullsizzle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by melos_tori)
so lately i've been talking to this boy and he was born in the UK but his parents weren't. My family are so against immigrants as they believe they come over to take all our benefits, thats how narrow minded they are. They are very racist also...im the only one who accepts people regardless of their skin colour/race/relgion. I just dont know what to do because if things do progress with me and this boy, im scared to take him home to meet my family because of what they might think or say

Your life, your love, your decisions.

in this context , anyone who has beefs with that many things as 1 -race, 2-nationality, 3-religion are:

1- Racist (hate for skin colour)
2- Xenophobic (hate for nationality/foreigners)
3-Bigots/Zealots/Extremists (hate for religions other than their own)

No point seeking approval, if you care for the boy why would you even dream of subjecting him to their toxic presence?
El Salvador
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
Just tell them good things about immigrants from time to time.

Such as the fact that London has a 44% immigrant population and contributes to 22% of all of UK's GDP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (37)
18.05%
No one else does (67)
32.68%
I'm embarrassed about my background (20)
9.76%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (70)
34.15%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.46%
I don't have a camera (3)
1.46%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.44%

Watched Threads