Double Science?

Watch this thread
emmateape
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey, I'm doing double science GCSE, and I'm a bit confused as to whether it's also known as core science + additional science or not, can someone clear this up for me?
Thanks
pursuedbyabear
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Yes, it is. Core science is made up of the first units of each science (C1, B1, and P1), then additional science is made up of the second units (C2, B2 and P2).
emmateape
Rep:
(Original post by pursuedbyabear)
Yes, it is. Core science is made up of the first units of each science (C1, B1, and P1), then additional science is made up of the second units (C2, B2 and P2).
Ohh okay, but there is only 1 exam per science right?
pursuedbyabear
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emmateape)
Ohh okay, but there is only 1 exam per science right?
There's one exam for each science for core science (so one biology, one chemistry and one physics), and then one exam for each science for additional (again, one biology, one chemistry and one physics). This means that double science - which is two GCSEs - is actually made up of 6 exams overall.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hey, I'm doing double science GCSE, and I'm a bit confused as to whether it's also known as core science + additional science or not, can someone clear this up for me?
Thanks
The answer depends on which exam board (AQA, CCEA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC) you are doing.
emmateape
Rep:
(Original post by Compost)
The answer depends on which exam board (AQA, CCEA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC) you are doing.
I think it's Edexcel!
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I think it's Edexcel!
Science and Additional Science. You will have 6, 1 hour exams; one for each Science for Science (B1, C1 & P1) and one for each Science for Additional Science (B2, C2 and P2). (Plus 2 controlled assessments).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads