The Student Room Group

Double Science?

Hey, I'm doing double science GCSE, and I'm a bit confused as to whether it's also known as core science + additional science or not, can someone clear this up for me?
Yes, it is. Core science is made up of the first units of each science (C1, B1, and P1), then additional science is made up of the second units (C2, B2 and P2).
Reply 2
Original post by pursuedbyabear
Yes, it is. Core science is made up of the first units of each science (C1, B1, and P1), then additional science is made up of the second units (C2, B2 and P2).

Ohh okay, but there is only 1 exam per science right?
Original post by emmateape
Ohh okay, but there is only 1 exam per science right?

There's one exam for each science for core science (so one biology, one chemistry and one physics), and then one exam for each science for additional (again, one biology, one chemistry and one physics). This means that double science - which is two GCSEs - is actually made up of 6 exams overall. :smile:
Reply 4
Hey, I'm doing double science GCSE, and I'm a bit confused as to whether it's also known as core science + additional science or not, can someone clear this up for me?

The answer depends on which exam board (AQA, CCEA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC) you are doing.
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
The answer depends on which exam board (AQA, CCEA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC) you are doing.

I think it's Edexcel!
Reply 6
I think it's Edexcel!

Science and Additional Science. You will have 6, 1 hour exams; one for each Science for Science (B1, C1 & P1) and one for each Science for Additional Science (B2, C2 and P2). (Plus 2 controlled assessments).

Quick Reply

Latest