The Student Room Group

having racial preferences..does it matter?

do you mind if people have racial preferences? Does it piss you off, or you don't really give a ****?

Scroll to see replies

its a preference...chocolate or vanilla , flake or no flake, chicken or beef... nothing to do with good or bad, just human...
Love should have no colour/race.
Reply 3
Don't really give a ****.But I don't like people who make nasty comments especially if they see a mixed race couple walking down the street.
Don't care but writing off a whole race is stupid and racist.
Nope doesn't piss me off, as the user above said, if people make stupid comments then that's a piss take
Original post by bittr n swt

Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Nope doesn't piss me off, as the user above said, if people make stupid comments then that's a piss take

just to add to my previous comment, nothing wrong with having an initial preference, eg : I like blonde girls
but I agree with others no excuse for saying 'never with a white/black/brown/purple etc' or I only date X,Y or Z

but OP asked about having a preference so as I said before a preference is a preference and there's nothing wrong with that...
Original post by bullsizzle
just to add to my previous comment, nothing wrong with having an initial preference, eg : I like blonde girls
but I agree with others no excuse for saying 'never with a white/black/brown/purple etc' or I only date X,Y or Z

but OP asked about having a preference so as I said before a preference is a preference and there's nothing wrong with that...

Oh yeh, I agree with your opinion as well lol, absolutely fine having a preference imo also!
Original post by bullsizzle

ok....
Reply 9
Nothing wrong with preferring people of a certain race. At the end of the day, attraction is a chemical reaction in the brain that you have no control over. I find myself usually more attracted to white or asian girls, but that doesn't mean I don't find anyone of any other race attractive
Original post by miguapa
do you mind if people have racial preferences? Does it piss you off, or you don't really give a ****?

dont care really
unless you like me and you won't act just because I'm black, that'd piss me off
other than that nope
Reply 11
Having preferences is natural and having a preference doesn't mean you Only like them.
I don't think so. My boyfriend is white but is predominantly attracted to mixed race and Asian girls and least attracted to white girls. You can't help who you are attracted to. It's only an issue if you won't date a certain race because you think they are inferior.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by bittr n swt

why? people's choices can be anything.
Original post by miguapa
why? people's choices can be anything.

it's stupid to write a whole race off because you haven't met every single person of that said race

People's choice can be anything and that allows racism to fall through
Reply 15
not racism though....who says it can be? i don't get why others' choices must offend you so much, perhaps check your BP....
I think its preferences against groups that is slightly odd and I have an issue with

Of course there are types of people you'll be attracted to, but thats just an ideal right?!- Few of the guys i've gone out with, or even got with, matched my preferences. But if I was to have a preference against Asian guys, then this would affect me in a more direct way. I assume I would actively avoid getting with them- which I think is totally ridiculous.

Also I think sometimes preferences (for and against) are mixed up in racial stereotypes- and this really bugs me.
As long as I find you attractive and we get on well, I don't care about one's ethnicity/race.
Nope just as long as you dont bash other races in the process. Its opinion after all not fact. If you say "i find Asian men to be most attractive" that's ok but if you say "Asian men are the most attractive" then that's not ok in my eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's like having a sexual preference, there's nothing wrong with finding a certain race more attractive than another, as long as you ain't discriminating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest