AQA AS Tsarist Russia revision notes

Watch this thread
Hortonn
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Does anyone have revision notes for this exam from any source other than the AQA text book? I have a full set of revision notes from the AQA text book which I can share
amyhitch
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hey, how are you finding as tsarist russia? Shall we use this thread to share revision?
Hortonn
Rep:
(Original post by amyhitch)
Hey, how are you finding as tsarist russia? Shall we use this thread to share revision?

Heyy i actually really like this unit yeah we should share revision notes

I feel like the AQA text book isnt detailed enough for this unit

What other unit are you doing?
amyhitch
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hortonn)
Heyy i actually really like this unit yeah we should share revision notes

I feel like the AQA text book isnt detailed enough for this unit

What other unit are you doing?
Seriously??? I'm not a fan, I find it really difficult in all honesty. I study both tsarist russia and Nazi Germany! How about you?
Hortonn
Rep:
Seriously??? I'm not a fan, I find it really difficult in all honesty. I study both tsarist russia and Nazi Germany! How about you?
Why do you find it difficult?

I haven't even started revising yet for the exam, I have only made my notes.
How did you do in your mock?
amyhitch
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Why do you find it difficult?

I haven't even started revising yet for the exam, I have only made my notes.
How did you do in your mock?
I got a C in my mock, yeah I have also done my notes, I have started though, I've done a massive timeline, I just don't feel confident with the content so I'm struggling to get the hang of it
Hortonn
Rep:
I got a C in my mock, yeah I have also done my notes, I have started though, I've done a massive timeline, I just don't feel confident with the content so I'm struggling to get the hang of it

Fair enough -
Personally i dont find making timelines or anything helpful at all, i just type up my notes in a pretty boring and standard way and then print them out and annotate them; works for me haha but everyone's different
Hortonn
Rep:
Are you just using the text book?
amyhitch
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Are you just using the text book?
Yeah, I do that too, how do you annotate them? And i use the textbook, the revision guides and other sources like books
Hortonn
Rep:
Yeah, I do that too, how do you annotate them? And i use the textbook, the revision guides and other sources like books
I literally just print out my notes, read over a sentence and then try and copy it out without looking right above.

Don't you find it so time consuming to use other sources though? or is it necessary
amyhitch
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I literally just print out my notes, read over a sentence and then try and copy it out without looking right above.

Don't you find it so time consuming to use other sources though? or is it necessary
I use other sources only when the textbook is vague, I did loads of reading last summer so I'd made notes Have you done lots of revision?
Hortonn
Rep:
I use other sources only when the textbook is vague, I did loads of reading last summer so I'd made notes Have you done lots of revision?

No hardly any

And yeah thats a really good idea actually. ! But my problem is I wouldn't be able to tell when the text book is too vague
amyhitch
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
No hardly any

And yeah thats a really good idea actually. ! But my problem is I wouldn't be able to tell when the text book is too vague
How did you do in your mock? I struggle with knowing points to put in to essays
Hortonn
Rep:
How did you do in your mock? I struggle with knowing points to put in to essays
Well for Russia I only revised literally from 8pm the night before, so I got a really low B; but even still my teacher said my structure was the problem rather than my knowledge.

I just don't get it; my teachers always say not to rely solely on one source yet they always commend me for having great detail and good knowledge.

Actually though, i have notes for Russia from two text books, i assume you already have the ones from the aqa text book so I could send you the ones I have from another text book if you want? theyre not at all decorative but they are quite detailed.
amyhitch
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Well for Russia I only revised literally from 8pm the night before, so I got a really low B; but even still my teacher said my structure was the problem rather than my knowledge.

I just don't get it; my teachers always say not to rely solely on one source yet they always commend me for having great detail and good knowledge.

Actually though, i have notes for Russia from two text books, i assume you already have the ones from the aqa text book so I could send you the ones I have from another text book if you want? theyre not at all decorative but they are quite detailed.
That would be fantastic, i'd send you my notes from historian books but they are in a notebook and they are in pencil so I couldn't take pictures of them, in all honesty I work from the textbook. Are you revising Russia now? Shall we plan a question?
Hortonn
Rep:
That would be fantastic, i'd send you my notes from historian books but they are in a notebook and they are in pencil so I couldn't take pictures of them, in all honesty I work from the textbook. Are you revising Russia now? Shall we plan a question?

Hahaha don't worry its fine! Ill private message them to you now! I would plan a question but I haven't revised for the exam at all; but I'm going to start tomorrow, so by Wednesday I should be okay to plan a question if thats okay?
amyhitch
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hahaha don't worry its fine! Ill private message them to you now! I would plan a question but I haven't revised for the exam at all; but I'm going to start tomorrow, so by Wednesday I should be okay to plan a question if thats okay?
That's cool with me!! What's your other topic for History and do you do AQA?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.89%
The paper was reasonable (128)
36.36%
Not feeling great about that exam... (104)
29.55%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
14.2%

Watched Threads