Panicking about AS Maths

Watch this thread
pxw
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I was just doing a maths past paper (my first in my revision) and I was using my textbook to help me because I haven't done any C1 since I finished the module and I was still struggling with it. My exams are coming up soon and I've now got the terrible feeling that I won't be able to pass it, which means I won't be able to do A2 and I really wanted to. I don't know what I can do because I'm swamped with all my other revision to do anything extra now. Please help!
whydoidothis?
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
for maths go on youtube, type your board in and theres alot of good videos.
C2 on the other hand, especially the trig takes a long time to learn by just videos so id do past papers and look at markschemes as you wtahc videos.

After learning it all do alot of past papers.
pxw
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by whydoidothis?)
for maths go on youtube, type your board in and theres alot of good videos.
C2 on the other hand, especially the trig takes a long time to learn by just videos so id do past papers and look at markschemes as you wtahc videos.

After learning it all do alot of past papers.
Thanks! I'm a lot more confident with C2 - no idea why - but the reason i was panicking is because everyone says how easy C1 is, when on the contrary I'm finding it the hardest...
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
The first C1 paper I ever did I think I managed 5 marks in Section A, and started shaking with stress by the time I got to Section B - I ended up with a B in the exam, but my hatred for C1 remains.

Just keep trying, repeat the paper again now you've looked at the mark scheme (and examiner's report), and your marks will creep up.
Covington4
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
In my first paper I got a D around 30 something marks, but in my mock I got 66/75 which was an A. The best thing is to practice by doing papers, and the questions that I struggled on I watched the examsolutions video on that question. I find that most questions are similar to previous papers and so are the methods so it is easy to improve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
whydoidothis?
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pxw)
Thanks! I'm a lot more confident with C2 - no idea why - but the reason i was panicking is because everyone says how easy C1 is, when on the contrary I'm finding it the hardest...
The only people who i know find c1 harder have problems manipulating algebra/numbers (without a calculator), i know it sounds silly but maybe you should practice some re arranging/ arithmatic/indices.

I personally find c2 harder because although you can check everything with a calculator, some of the trig and log questions get really confusing.

Everyones different though. If you find c2 easier you will do well good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
7.49%

Watched Threads