Aqa as History- Tsarist Russia

Watch
SarahAC
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Had anyone got any predictions on the questions/revison tips I'm finding the amount of content quite daunting
dandaman098
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Hi i'm doing this paper for my history exam and have also found it a lot harder to revise than my other topic (Britain 1919-1940).

I'm pretty bad at revision im general but have tried to use past papers to see which topics i'm not good at or need to revise. I also have started sticking post stick notes all over my house with key facts and dates that i need as examples.

Seeing as i haven't found anyone else doing tsarist russia it might be good to use this forum to help each other to revise this.

My college has given some revision material to me and this might help you to see themes of the questions whichwill come up, hope this helps.
Name:  Screenshot_2015-04-01-22-29-25.png
Views: 441
Size:  59.2 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-04-01-22-29-25.png
Views: 441
Size:  59.2 KB
Attached files
amyhitch
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hey! I'm doing tsarist russia and absolutely dreading it, how have you been revising it?
Hortonn
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Are you guys using many sources?

Im pretty much just using the text book I don't have enough time at all to use other sources
SarahAC
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Hortonn)
Are you guys using many sources?

Im pretty much just using the text book I don't have enough time at all to use other sources
I'm just using the textbook have you got any predictions about what may come up, also what sections have you revisited so far
Hortonn
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SarahAC)
I'm just using the textbook have you got any predictions about what may come up, also what sections have you revisited so far

No clue and almost all of them

What structure are you guys using to answer each question?

For 12 markers I do it:

- 3 reasons, 1 paragraph for each
- then a link in the conclusion between all 3

And for 24 markers I do:

- introduction laying out my argument and all factors
- 2 paragraphs supporting the view in the q
- 2 paragraphs against the view
- evaluate in the conclusion

does anyone have any better suggestions?
dandaman098
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hortonn)
No clue and almost all of them

What structure are you guys using to answer each question?

For 12 markers I do it:

- 3 reasons, 1 paragraph for each
- then a link in the conclusion between all 3

And for 24 markers I do:

- introduction laying out my argument and all factors
- 2 paragraphs supporting the view in the q
- 2 paragraphs against the view
- evaluate in the conclusion

does anyone have any better suggestions?
I do the aane for the 24 mark, exceot we've been taught to do 3 points for pur argument and 2 against
Hortonn
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Could someone please share their notes from the AQA text book; ive just realised mine aren't that great - I can share my notes from another text book in return
Harrietgh98
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I am also finding this section rather daunting... There's just so much to know! Has anyone actually been given any exam predictions?
Brionyhines
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=daa91...PU1YE07dfxKthk

this website is BOSS!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (63)
22.34%
Note taking apps (6)
2.13%
Flashcards (54)
19.15%
Revision guides (16)
5.67%
Past papers (132)
46.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (11)
3.9%

Watched Threads