OCR Biology evaluative help Watch

mrchemistry
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone, after the holidays I have my eval on "an investigation into the behaviour of a named invertebrate in response to changing environmental conditions". I just did the eval on lipase and did so poorly. I was wondering if anyone who has done this could help me in any way. If I don't get 20, I'll remain on a U Please, I'm trying so hard for the finals but these assessments are dragging everything down
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
[email protected]
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi. I should be doing that evaluative after Easter, having done the woodlice practical in September. As I haven't done the evaluative, I don't know what it will be like, but the practical investigated changes in behaviour due to differing light levels (we had a tray, half of it was covered with black paper, and we counted how many woodlice were in each section over something like a 15 minutes period. I have to say, the results were NOT conclusive). I presume that the evaluative will also be looking at light levels, although may include other relevant factors such as humidity. I would suggest just looking over the F215 part three topic on innate behaviour, and perhaps a reminder of biotic and abiotic factors, but the questions are generally based around data they have provided, and problems with their results, or how their methods could be changed to improve reliability. I hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (62)
15.12%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (60)
14.63%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.73%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.49%

Watched Threads