The Student Room Group

RAF Mover

Hi,

I'm really interested in becoming a raf logistics mover and have some what convinced myself that this is the role I would like to peruse. I was just wondering if anyone has any other intonation about this role as there isn't a whole lot on the Internet regarding it.
Is there much travel?
Is it fairly diverse?
How is the role in general basically?

Thank you so much,
Jess
Lots of travel. One of the most traveled trades.
Sort of diverse. Your role is moving 'stuff' around, mostly by air. You might plan that work, do that work, do it at a large air base, do it from a non air movements base with less resources, do some surface transport. You'll get trained on aircraft loading systems, large forklifts, aircraft loading vehicles and equipment. You'll be trained in how to calculate (safely) how to load an aircraft once you get to a certain level.
Generally, it's a good Trade with loads of potential and loads of travel. However, because you provide a service to lots of customers (including the Army and the Navy), you can catch some abuse and often for things that aren't your fault (aircraft breaking down etc).
Reply 2
Original post by ProStacker
Lots of travel. One of the most traveled trades.
Sort of diverse. Your role is moving 'stuff' around, mostly by air. You might plan that work, do that work, do it at a large air base, do it from a non air movements base with less resources, do some surface transport. You'll get trained on aircraft loading systems, large forklifts, aircraft loading vehicles and equipment. You'll be trained in how to calculate (safely) how to load an aircraft once you get to a certain level.
Generally, it's a good Trade with loads of potential and loads of travel. However, because you provide a service to lots of customers (including the Army and the Navy), you can catch some abuse and often for things that aren't your fault (aircraft breaking down etc).

Brilliant, this is exactly what I was looking for!! Thank you so much! Such a hard decision trying to pick a trade :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest