English language question 4

Watch
ForeverIsOver08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there,

I am currently being taught by two English teachers. One for language and one for literature. In the language lessons, we have been going through each question on the exam. Recently, we have been doing question 4, the most evil of questions.

My current language teacher has told us that we need to make points on the tone, genre, audience and purpose in order to get full marks. We've written an answer to a question too, and so far it seems simple enough. All confusion cleared up.

But then we went to English revision with my literature teacher (my "official" teacher, the one I've had since year 10), and went through question 4 with her. She said that if we look at tone, genre, audience and purpose that we will not get any marks. Instead, she said that we need to be looking at the language e.g. similes, metaphors, rhetorical questions etc.

This has confused me immensely.

First, we were told to look for language. Then, we were told tone etc. Now, we are being told tone is totally wrong and language should be looked at instead.

Which is the correct thing to write about? This is worth a lot of marks so it must be done correctly.

Thanks in advance,

FiO08

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.72%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (67)
28.51%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (88)
37.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.77%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.55%

Watched Threads