The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

The truth about Brunel university.

Hi there,

I have a place to study Industrial design at Brunel.

I have heard loads of stuff about Brunel, and I was wanting to know what is it really like?

I was wondering mainly about the nightlife, people say it is close to London but realistically how many people actually go to London for nights out and things like that? is it most weekends or once every few months?

I also seen a lot of people saying that the University is dead on the weekends and that everyone leaves. I was just wanting to know some more about that. Am I going to get bored and lonely there?

And lastly about the amount of international students and the uni size, it seems like quite a small uni compared to a lot that I have been to. how do you find that? and also how do you find there being a lot of international students? Does it end up people not mixing that much?

If anyone has anything else that would be really handy to know about the University good or bad it would be amazing to know. Really stuck on deciding where to go and trying to make the right choice.

Thank You

Max
I'm going to Brunel this year, and I can tell you that the fact that it's a bit smaller than other Universities is great, means there's a more close-knit community, and less walking time to get to lecture! My other University was really big, and my accommodation was a 15minute walk to main campus (and that was on-campus accommodation) so it was really ****! Pretty sure Brunel's accommodation is a lot closer which is great.

I'd like to know about the other things you mentioned too though!
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Hello!
I'm thinking of picking Industrial Design at Brunel! Just wondering - do you know if the course offers wild modules/ extra different modules?? or do they all have to be design related?
Thanks!
Original post by soanonymous
I'm going to Brunel this year, and I can tell you that the fact that it's a bit smaller than other Universities is great, means there's a more close-knit community, and less walking time to get to lecture! My other University was really big, and my accommodation was a 15minute walk to main campus (and that was on-campus accommodation) so it was really ****! Pretty sure Brunel's accommodation is a lot closer which is great.

I'd like to know about the other things you mentioned too though!

Original post by mdoubleb11
Hi there,

I have a place to study Industrial design at Brunel.

I have heard loads of stuff about Brunel, and I was wanting to know what is it really like?

I was wondering mainly about the nightlife, people say it is close to London but realistically how many people actually go to London for nights out and things like that? is it most weekends or once every few months?

I also seen a lot of people saying that the University is dead on the weekends and that everyone leaves. I was just wanting to know some more about that. Am I going to get bored and lonely there?

And lastly about the amount of international students and the uni size, it seems like quite a small uni compared to a lot that I have been to. how do you find that? and also how do you find there being a lot of international students? Does it end up people not mixing that much?

If anyone has anything else that would be really handy to know about the University good or bad it would be amazing to know. Really stuck on deciding where to go and trying to make the right choice.

Thank You

Max

hey there. im a product designer at brunel

in answer to your question - most people go to london every few months, as most people find that uxbridge and the uni has enough to offer, but as you know its not great, so to supplement it we go into london every now and again. a lot of people go to london for day trips though

yes the uni is quiet on weekends - true a lot of people do go home, but also many people just stay in their rooms as they go out, or want to sleep in. you won't get lonely though - theres always someone.

brunel is quite small, and comparatively there are a lot of internationals, however to me the size is perfect - not too big, not too small, but big enough not to get claustrophobic. i grew up in a fairly small town anyway though. a lot of the internationals do like to keep to their own culture, but many of them also like to get to know others too. personally Im friends with a lot of internationals.

from one designer to another - i cannot recommend brunel enough. the course is amazing, and nicely varied, and you get very hands on with the learning. personally brunel is the best uni i could have picked.
Original post by LOUISALYNCH
Hello!
I'm thinking of picking Industrial Design at Brunel! Just wondering - do you know if the course offers wild modules/ extra different modules?? or do they all have to be design related?
Thanks!

all have to be design related i believe - but you do get a fair amount of choice within the design field.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending