AQA Psychology Revision help Watch

harrisond
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Any tips for revising AQA Psychology Research Methods would be most appreciated. I have finished all my notes ready for revision for all the other units but Research Methods is more difficult to organise. Anyone have any useful tips for A standard research method revision?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies
tay22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I struggle on this bit too!

I've organised revision cards and wrote something on the front e.g. Lab experiment the on the back described it and put strengths and weaknesses.

How you finding psychology??

Posted from TSR Mobile
harrisond
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
[QUOTE=tay22;54663199]I struggle on this bit too!

I've organised revision cards and wrote something on the front e.g. Lab experiment the on the back described it and put strengths and weaknesses.

How you finding psychology??

Sounds like a good technique, in all my subjects I am very reliant on solid note taking and just re-writing them out from memory since the majority of my subjects are essay-based, but the research methods section is not very linear in its structure I think so Im wondering if I should use a different method

I think psychology is a very interesting topic, particularly abnormality and developmental for me. I found stress mostly boring and especially research methods part, but it accounts for a third of the marks in the first paper and 12 marks in the second so there is no avoiding it if your aiming for A/B especially

I don't think the papers themselves are that difficult but I find with the amount of content psychology requires a lot of time to revise, especially with all the different studies and their names. I would be content with a B overall AS and A2 but im predicted an A for AS, but the second unit is a bit harder than the first plus research methods will probably take a while, not to mention having to revise for my other subjects in the amount of time we have left until the examinations start. Hoping to finish my notes for all subjects by the end of this week and then do solid revision until the exams.

How are you finding your psychology experience?
tay22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nice!! Seems like you've done a lot! yeah I love psychology and I'm predicted a C/B

I find memory the most interesting as it links well with pe

I hate having to learn the researchers names aswell, it sucks

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (38)
10%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.16%
No, but I want to start (137)
36.05%
No, I am unable to (86)
22.63%
No, I chose not to (107)
28.16%