The Student Room Group

Help me choose from my choices please.

Hey guys,

I received an offer from Oxford Computer sci and mathematics but unfortunately I won't be able to go there since I didn't get the scholarship I was looking for and the fees are simply way too high for me as I am international.

Now for my other offers, I have Birmingham CS and Math, St Andrews, Glasgow, and Liverpool. Any idea which one is better since I am completely clueless?

Thanks for the help
Original post by Faroukyasser
Hey guys,

I received an offer from Oxford Computer sci and mathematics but unfortunately I won't be able to go there since I didn't get the scholarship I was looking for and the fees are simply way too high for me as I am international.

Now for my other offers, I have Birmingham CS and Math, St Andrews, Glasgow, and Liverpool. Any idea which one is better since I am completely clueless?

Thanks for the help

I have a friend at Birmingham who is currently studying CS, he thinks it's amazing! It's all down to personal preference to be honest. If you're concerned with performance; look at league tables, if you're concerned with the social aspect; research the city, etc (although I've heard St Andrews is terrible social wise)
Original post by Incubator
I have a friend at Birmingham who is currently studying CS, he thinks it's amazing! It's all down to personal preference to be honest. If you're concerned with performance; look at league tables, if you're concerned with the social aspect; research the city, etc (although I've heard St Andrews is terrible social wise)

Thanks for replying. The social aspect indeed takes an importance at least for me but I won't sacrifice academic rigorousness for sociability. Would you know if Glasgow is any good?
Original post by Faroukyasser
Thanks for replying. The social aspect indeed takes an importance at least for me but I won't sacrifice academic rigorousness for sociability. Would you know if Glasgow is any good?

No Idea, sorry! Birmingham is quite good for night life. It's a big city and all
I’m sorry to hear that you feel that you’re unable to take up an offer with us. As students don’t pay for their accommodation for the full year, just during term-time, and they normally don’t have to buy text books, plus the subsidised food costs in colleges, students often find it cheaper to study with us than at some other universities. Oxford has some of the best financial support for its students of any university in the UK, although we do understand it can be difficult for international students.

I can't seem to figure out who you are from the information given above, against our list of offer-holders. If you could drop us an email to <[email protected]> including your name, UCAS number, and which college you hold an offer from we may be able to point you in the direction of some other forms of financial support

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending