The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's vs Cass

So I've got an offer from King's for economics and management(wanted to do business management but got economics instead) and an offer for business studies at Cass.

My first thought was to definitely go for king's, seeing as it is part of the russell group and generally considered a top university. However, looking at rankings for management courses, Cass ranks much higher(the Guardian ranks cass 7th and king's 30th!!!). I get that King's is better than City, especially it's more prestigious and well known internationally, but for business Cass seems to beat King's by miles.

I am so confused as in what to do now. I really wanted to go to King's but it seems like maybe Cass would be a better option. What do you guys think?
(edited 9 years ago)
I study at Cass, albeit don't study business, if ever you have any questions.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I study at Cass, albeit don't study business, if ever you have any questions.

Oh great! What is the student life like a cass? Also, reputation wise, would you say cass is a better name in the business world or does kings reputation as a whole kind of weigh up for it's not so respected management courses?

thanks!
Original post by vetintewhat
Oh great! What is the student life like a cass? Also, reputation wise, would you say cass is a better name in the business world or does kings reputation as a whole kind of weigh up for it's not so respected management courses?

thanks!

Student life is very subjective. It really depends on whether you want to invove yourself in the various activities available. It's London, so there's a lot you can do.

Reputation wise, cass has very good industry links, I'm not too clued up on King's but Cass will definitely stand you in good stead for careers. Make the most of the opportunities offered at Cass.
Reply 4
Im in the same position...deciding between A&F at Cass or E&M in KCL..
Reply 5
Original post by wkkwok95
Im in the same position...deciding between A&F at Cass or E&M in KCL..

I'm very tempted to go to King's just because it King's really. But the fact that they really don't seem to be very strong at management is worrying. What are you leaning towards doing?
Reply 6
Original post by vetintewhat
I'm very tempted to go to King's just because it King's really. But the fact that they really don't seem to be very strong at management is worrying. What are you leaning towards doing?

Im leaning towards King's tbh,first thing is I might be going back to my hometown in Asia..where King's is way more prestigious..second thing is,i had a feeling that if Im going to be at cass i must work in the financial industry in the UK while King's gives me a wider access to all different types of career..Also...if you look up the employability ranking by linkedin..despite the fact that Cass seems to be a lot better than Kings in regard to finance related subjects..cass is only right above kings ranking 11 and 12 in IB and finance industry table respectively..

Quick Reply

Latest