This discussion is closed.
missface
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys,

So I'm starting this year and my Mum keeps scaring me about Lincoln with all these news articles about stabbings and murders and muggings. How dangerous is Lincoln really when it comes to crime? Where are the bad areas? I grew up from East London so it makes me giggle a bit that she's all like "omg so dangerous" when welll....London...

So I don't know. Can someone let me know?
Sophhhss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was actually thinking the same thing, I'm coming from London as well. I've been there twice and it doesn't seem scary at all, it actually feels safe or safer than I thought. In my opinion I think London's way more dangerous. Hopefully my opinion doesn't change when I start at Lincoln in September (fingers crossed) :crossedf:
zezember
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm London too, a 'dangerous' place in Southwark, I'm going to Lincoln. Bit scared
Sophhhss
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What course are you doing?
sophiebroady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I lived in Liverpool from birth till 18, I am now studying in Lincoln. I suppose the media only portray the bad news....in all honestly its not that bad. Lovely city infact! Bad things happen everywhere, but yes there has been several murders, muggings etc... just like any other place. Personally I think its ok here, I live in a village just outside the centre, its very quiet and not a lot happens. The town centre is a little rough as it is all council houses and the homeless shelter etc are down there.
naomicube
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As a local and a student, yes Lincoln can be a little rough in places but it's very rare that you hear of murders. And even when you do hear of crime being reported its very rarely students that are the victims. But yeah I would say its nothing compared to London :')
Scott1541
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lincoln isn't that bad, there are rougher areas of any city, I think the problem with Lincoln is that it's so small this sort of stuff gets reported more.

The further south you go along the high street the more likely you are to get stabbed or robbed, although I've walked the entire length of the high street quite a few times and even that area isn't too bad. The locals are too busy walking their dogs while drinking a can of special brew to bother you
University of Lincoln
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by missface)
Hi guys,

So I'm starting this year and my Mum keeps scaring me about Lincoln with all these news articles about stabbings and murders and muggings. How dangerous is Lincoln really when it comes to crime? Where are the bad areas? I grew up from East London so it makes me giggle a bit that she's all like "omg so dangerous" when welll....London...

So I don't know. Can someone let me know?
Hi there,

Whenever you Google or look on any local news site for any area, bad news stories are always bound to pop up!
If you take a look at the hard stats here: http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...tudent-cities/ we actually fair better than almost every borough of London. It is also fair to say that as we are a city centre campus, that crime rates are probably going to look a bit higher than say that of Aberystwyth, as their campus is further away from the centre!

I personally found as a student here that I never felt unsafe, the streets are all very well lit, there's a good police presence and lots of security staff around campus!

Hope this helps

Georgia (Journalism Graduate & Social Media Officer)
Best of Luck
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Its like the ghetto underbelly of England - always carry
Tobytobes123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I live in Lincoln and I live right next to where all the stabbings are taking place and sometimes you can feel quite threatened especially since I’m only 13
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (406)
43.7%
No (97)
10.44%
I'm not old enough (426)
45.86%

Watched Threads