The Student Room Group

Kane > Sterling

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by The Shed End
Because you were busy learning shapes and what noises animals make.

10/10 banter
Original post by difeo
10/10 banter

You've got to double digits? Fair play.
Weak
Well Sterling is an attacking midfielder, where as Kane is a striker? It's hard to really compare the two considering they have completely different roles on the pitch. I think the point you're making is who is the better young player/future prospect. We're all saying Sterling "could be this" and "would be this" but there's a chance his development could stagnate and ultimately derail. The mentality he's gained at such a young age of 20 suggest so. If Harry Kane continues to play at the same rate he does for the next 10 years then he'll be known as a premier league legend, bit like Rooney is now I guess? Sterling is still yet to cover some ground.
Reply 44
10 years of this and Kane will be all time GOAT PL player
Really don't get the big deal out of sterling he's good but not that good. No way near the finished article and he'll probably be on 100k at Liverpool soon pathetic.,This is why english players won't improve.
On current form - agreed.
Kane is the better player. Kane will be more successful and has more potential.

However. It depends on what clubs they are at. Kane will need to leave Spurs at the latest by end of next season. If Liverpool get top four this season which they still can, Sterling will stay.
Reply 48
Unsure Kane has more potential. His style of play isn't suited to being successful on a European or world stage, whereas Sterling probably has the qualities to shine on such a level. Kane's a very English style centre-forward. Little pace but great movement and strength, with a canny footballing brain, akin to a Sheringham or Shearer.
Original post by Dirtybit
I rate him as deserved but as i said, because he's English he'll probably always be overrated.

No way is he worth £60m+. It's been one season.

Throwback to when I rekt you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by difeo
0.5/10

It wasn't even 0.5

Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Such a weak thread/discussion point, not surprising given the OP.

Kane has been the better player this season. Sterling is probably the better long term prospect but we can't really evaluate that because we don't truly know how good Kane is at the moment.

What about now!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kenan. And Kel
Throwback to when I rekt you

Posted from TSR Mobile

You didn't rek me fool, he was never worth £60m
Reply 52
Such an easy bait lol
Why do people cling to this point about not comparing players who play in different positions, you can still compare who is better at fulfilling their role. In my view, as a Tottenham supporter, Sterling is better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Guardiola will make Sterling thrive. He's quite peripheral for City right now, which is a shame, but you imagine his work-rate and ability to play numerous positions will make him the ideal Pep player once he rocks up at the Etihad.
Original post by AsandaLFC
Kane will be a nobody next season

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok

Original post by Arkasia
. If Kane keeps this form up (he wont)

Ok
Both of them are hugely overrated though.

Ok
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Ok

Ok

Ok

Lmao digging this old thread up to quote three strangers.

Yeah I was wrong, Kane is a great player. For his club anyway.
Original post by Arkasia
Lmao digging this old thread up to quote three strangers.

Yeah I was wrong, Kane is a great player. For his club anyway.

Ok
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Ok

They still are lmao
They still are lmao

Brb scored 30+ goals in 2 full seasons he's played in and still overrated

Quick Reply

Latest