MedievalWitch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically I **** at english, I have no clue what I'm doing and my teacher wants my 2,500 word essay in tomorrow. I have already handed 5 different versions in to him and now it is really annoying me because everything links together and I can't find any quotes and urgh! My other coursework is at 16 so probably an E I got a D at AS and I just don't want to do it anymore. Everyone I have looked at this piece of coursework I just get so frustrated because it is all bleugh

Sorry for the rant :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
OliviaSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What are you comparing? Exam board? What texts?
MedievalWitch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
AQA Lit B, Jane Eyre and The Favoured Child by Philippa Gregory and the question is "texts with female protagonists are more concerned with the role and status of women in a patriarchal society" I'm okay with The Favoured Child it's just quotes and points for Jane Eyre I'm struggling with I think I have 8 paragraphs planned but I don't know if the structure is right :/
OliviaSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MedievalWitch)
AQA Lit B, Jane Eyre and The Favoured Child by Philippa Gregory and the question is "texts with female protagonists are more concerned with the role and status of women in a patriarchal society" I'm okay with The Favoured Child it's just quotes and points for Jane Eyre I'm struggling with I think I have 8 paragraphs planned but I don't know if the structure is right :/

I'm afraid I can't help you that much as I haven't read any of the texts and I'm studying The Great Gatsby, 1984 and Othello. But the most important thing is remembering to cover the assessment objectives: to cover aspects of Language, structure and form for BOTH texts and compare them on this basis in relation to your question. Also, remember to include critical approaches on both texts and alternative interpretations (Feminists views/Marxists views on Women's status) and the reception of both texts. If you have all of this you'll have something substantial- Just focus on the notes of improvement your teacher has given you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (2)
10.53%
Better than expected (6)
31.58%
Worse than expected (11)
57.89%

Watched Threads