The Student Room Group

Question about job application to tesco

i am a 17 year old male. Earlier this month I applied to work at the dot com section of my local tesco. I received an email a couple of weeks later saying i had passed the online screening and was told to go in on friday, 27th march, to give in my right to work documents or passport. I went on friday with a friend who also passed the online screening. When we got there we were with 3 other people. The manager came and straight away gave us sheets to fill in (personal details, bank details, SC number, availability ect). After that we went into a room where we sat and watched him photocopy all our passports and that was it. He told us we would get an email on monday (30th march) if you had got the job and if you did then induction would be on saturday (4th april) and you would start work on Tuesday the 7th.

I did not receive any email and nor did my other friend, so i assume we didn't get the job but i cant be sure. Im guessing they're hiring based on who can work the most hours, as he didn't ask any of us anything.

Firstly i would like to ask if anyone else had a process like this when they applied to tesco? I had heard of people having multiple interviews and he didn't ask us a single question. It seemed rushed and i was very skeptical.

Also does anybody know if tesco let you know if you were unsuccessful at getting the job? Because even though im sure i have not i still have no confirmation of that.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending