Milliband wants a female Bond

Watch this thread
RtGOAT
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ed Miliband has suggested the next star to play James Bond should be a woman.The Labour leader called for the franchise to "move with the times" - and picked former Bond girl Rosamund Pike to take on the role.
Pike, whose character died in the 2002 film Die Another Day, was praised as a "great British actress" by Mr Miliband.
He said: "I think she's a great British actress, she'd make a great Bond.

"This is 2015, I think we can move with the times."
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/polit...-10146945.html

I dread to think what will happen if this sap wins..
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Totally legit 100%
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
He wants an ethnic minority, lesbian, female everything.
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
nobody would watch it. that's why nobody makes it. the characteristics of a bond and the typical cultural characteristics of most women are not compatible, and therefore, nobody would identify with that kind of bond
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Lol what a stupid comment. Depressing that he is incredibly likely to be the next PM.
tengentoppa
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
As stupid a comment as this may be, what Miliband thinks about the Bond franchise is irrelevant. It's his policies and his character we should be looking at.
Jonn_Snowed
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
How about we 'move with the times' and get a good PM I think it's about time we had one.
TheWaffle
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RtGOAT)
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/polit...-10146945.html

I dread to think what will happen if this sap wins..
Woooo! Yay! Imma gonna audition hopefully! :cool: :rolleyes:
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tengentoppa)
As stupid a comment as this may be, what Miliband thinks about the Bond franchise is irrelevant. It's his policies and his character we should be looking at.
Thinking a female Bond would be a good idea suggests to me that he has very questionable judgement. :p:
Hopple
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
No way. Die another day came out in 2002?! That's 13 years ago! Thirteen! THIRTEEN!!!! That makes me feel so old :dong:

On topic, this must be April Fool's, else it's libel. No way could anyone suggest seriously that a dead villain of the opposite gender play a character. Dr Who would be fine (well, it's debatable, but certainly possible), but James Bond only changes actor because the previous ones get too old.

13 years ago... :no:
limetang
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Am I missing something here? What on earth has the James Bond franchise got to do with Ed Miliband?

Also, what does he mean move with the times?
Chicken.M.
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
James bond is an upper class white British man. Just make a new franchise and a new character if you want a female spy lol.

Who wants to see their favourite character changed into something it's not? :yucky:
TurboCretin
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I would call April Fool if it weren't from yesterday.

What PC *******s.
#Ridwan
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
This pathological obsession with diversity, inclusion and bias towards designated victim groups is precisely why Labour will not win the election despite the failings of the current government.
iguanagrace
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I agree with the idea of a female Bond and think it would be fab but what? Seriously why would he come out with that as a statement. He is an idiot and the idea of him running the country scares me. Still, better than the Tories I guess
mojojojo101
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Honestly, considering the dross that has passed as Bond films recently and the fact they've run out of books I'd prefer they just stop making Bond films entirely.

I'm not as anti-female/black/canine Bond as others seem to be, but mainly 'coz I just dont care very much.
Teaddict
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
That just doesn't work. You would have to change the character too much! It would cease to be Bond. It is the same when people suggested Idris should be the best Bond. While the change isn't as great as it would be here, it is still too much of a change (unless Idris can pull off being a white aristocratic womaniser... in which case, fair enough, try it).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (58)
16.48%
The paper was reasonable (173)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (86)
24.43%
It was TERRIBLE (35)
9.94%

Watched Threads