Insecure AS student

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So it's officially a month left for my AS exams and I feel like I'm forgetting everything. I've always been insecure about my intelligence and ability to work hard and sometimes even have bouts of depression when I meet extremely intelligent and hardworking people since I feel guilty and sad at why I'm not like them. My family constantly encourages me, telling me that I am intelligent enough to do well at my AS levels ( I take Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Maths), and constantly remind me that I got good grades in all of them (A*s not bragging,but I think it was just luck) at IGCSE when I'm depressed or feeling extremely insecure.
I've completed my Bio Unit 1 and 2 revision, and my Physics revision, Maths revision, and also Unit 1 of Chem in the past month, including quite a few past papers. But now I feel like I' forgetting everything again and I'm suffering from constant panic attacks and anxiety.
Please give me some advice on how I can remember content better and how I can feel more confident about my intelligence, since I don't feel like I'm intelligent and hardworking enough for my A-level choices. I don't know why I'm like this. Thank you.
Magnus Taylor
Badges: 15
Report 6 years ago
Think of the grades you will achieve on results day if you do work hard. When I jumped up after getting straight As and hugging my head of sixth, I knew I had reached salvation. And when they put your name up in year thirteen on the PowerPoint at the start of the year along with the other academic elites in the year, it feels incredible. I also have been at all the awards evenings for my school and it is such a contrast to the days in year ten when I was a wannabe badman and somewhat 'lost'
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Magnus Taylor)
Think of the grades you will achieve on results day if you do work hard. When I jumped up after getting straight As and hugging my head of sixth, I knew I had reached salvation. And when they put your name up in year thirteen on the PowerPoint at the start of the year along with the other academic elites in the year, it feels incredible. I also have been at all the awards evenings for my school and it is such a contrast to the days in year ten when I was a wannabe badman and somewhat 'lost'
Yeah I know I have to work hard and I think I sort of have worked hard this past month. But how do I remember content better? I feel very demotivated right now since I feel like I've forgotten everything I've revised and worked on.
Thank you for replying.
Magnus Taylor
Badges: 15
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah I know I have to work hard and I think I sort of have worked hard this past month. But how do I remember content better? I feel very demotivated right now since I feel like I've forgotten everything I've revised and worked on.
Thank you for replying.
I just write out key notes and for History I make timelines and get my parents and friends to quiz me to learn the key dates
Anonymous #1
Bump.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
13.89%
I need help researching courses (5)
6.94%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (30)
41.67%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.78%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.17%

Watched Threads