The Student Room Group

What to take to first house party?!

Hello so this is going to sound so stupid but I'm going to my first house party potentially on Thursday night at the rip ol' age of 17 (lel I know how lame that is) and im wondering what the ettuqute is? Do you just take enough for yourself? Share? How do you take it? Say if you were taking beer, would you take it in cans in a plastic bag? The crate? How many? I'm stressing lol. Or should I just take a bottle of vodka or something? I know there's going to be soft drinks/mixers there.

also im a girl what do people normally wear? I dont really know many people going so is it even worth it?

Ta.
Ok firstly don't panic!

Depends what you drink.... Obvs it's rude to take only a few and then drink someone else's but you can share etc if you bring some.
I don't know who you're going with and what they drink so maybe ask if you can share with them and do some swaps.... But don't mix drinks ie grape and grain (will give you the worst hangover)

Jeans and pretty top is usually okay but a dress may also be good.

Please please please be careful what you drink and how much. I spend most house parties tending to drunk people with my boyfriend and it's never great for the person being sick or myself..... Drink but drink responsibly. Don't feel the need to drink more to "look good" people prefer the more sober ones.

Anyway rant over enjoy!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
A bottle of vodka would be fine, just make sure to share it around.

Just wear whatever makes you feel good; don't overdo it though, there's nothing worse than someone who's trying too hard. Go for 'cute casual'.
Shouldn't really be drinking at "17" but hey its your life.
Reply 4
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Sure, blame someone for acting like 90% of the population.
500 ml bottle of Malibu should do :teehee:

And to wear, is there a dress code? People usually say if it's dressy or casual. If nothing has been said, a skirt with a nice top or a summer dress would fit into both categories :smile:.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Why not? Also, why did you put 17 in quotations? :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest