rosiedoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I have my A2 French oral exam on the 4th May and I'm not feeling very prepared. I'm predicted to get an A for A2 overall, bit I was predicted that at A2 and fell short of an A by 1 mark due to my oral dragging my overall grade down. I would be grateful for any tips! I know HOW to do the exam, after going through examiners' reports but I don't know how to revise for it.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
spookyplacenta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Look up some French idioms that you can drop in when you talk about the cultural topics or the stimulus. That gets you into the higher fluency band. In terms of French level, make sure you are confident with the tenses, and drop in "if I were him, I would" sentences to show it off.
For the stimuli, revise all the topics again and make area specific vocab lists that you set as your phone background, or keep in your planner, or have inside your wardrobe door above your mirror so you're exposed to the vocab all the time and so that it sticks. This will also help for the real exam.
Finally, practise writing the essays because this will improve your "mental fluency", meaning the little voice in your head will become more fluent.

Hope all of this helps!
110v3G1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rosiedoo)
Hi, I have my A2 French oral exam on the 4th May and I'm not feeling very prepared. I'm predicted to get an A for A2 overall, bit I was predicted that at A2 and fell short of an A by 1 mark due to my oral dragging my overall grade down. I would be grateful for any tips! I know HOW to do the exam, after going through examiners' reports but I don't know how to revise for it.
Hi, I'm doing A2 French too. What exam board are you? I'm AQA. My exam's on the 6th May. I'm feeling sooooo nervous about this exam too. Which two cultural topics are you doing?
love_lingo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ive got my french oral a2 in just over a week. Im doing les intouchabes for the film and kiffe kkiffe demain for the book, which i hate aha, i find it hard to revise for this too. Im just trying to remember complex sentences. and i know topic specific vocab is supposed to boosst your grade.
Rossagle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
im on my 3rd year abrod in France atm and I studied Kiffe Kiffe demain at uni. I actually quite liked it and I remember the book showing inequality and discrimination in France against muslims, something which still is a big problem in France today.
110v3G1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by love_lingo)
Ive got my french oral a2 in just over a week. Im doing les intouchabes for the film and kiffe kkiffe demain for the book, which i hate aha, i find it hard to revise for this too. Im just trying to remember complex sentences. and i know topic specific vocab is supposed to boosst your grade.

I'm doing Les Intouchables too. I find it really hard to talk about but i've been able to analyse it ok with my teacher's help. I'm doing Les petits enfants du siecle for the book part and find it pretty good to analyse and talk about. I'm probably going to write my essay on the book too. I'm just scared for the debate part and not knowing what card i'm getting
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (225)
67.57%
No (108)
32.43%

Watched Threads