The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My college sent a letter to my school as well, which wasn't too helpful given that I'd finished my A levels by then (and as such wasn't a member of my school anymore)!

Track shows up horrendously late, don't bother checking Track for your Cambridge application (though eventually you do have to make sure that the decision shows up! =P)...
Reply 21
That's one of the most depressing links ever. Even more demoralising to see:
It may be of some consolation to you to know that the field of applicants was very strong; we found ourselves in the difficult position of being unable to offer places to a large number of applicants.

Is templated :wink:
Reply 22
estel
That's one of the most depressing links ever. Even more demoralising to see:

Is templated :wink:

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw it!
Reply 23
Lewi
Thats exactly what I thought when I saw it!

me too!
Reply 24
well i spose its true - doesn't need to be handwritten to be true

woah *liana* i have a similar bmat score to you. im slightly less nervous!
Reply 25
It could be worse... at least none of us received the 'preselection rejection letter' :s-smilie:
Dammit...why are Christ's sending out their decisions late in the week...surely they know we'll wanna know asap. :frown:
Reply 27
lol so true :biggrin:
Just be glad that you didn't suffer my fate of one letter to my home address being lost in the post, the other letter to my term-time address being delayed by over a week thanks to Royal Mail, and having to find out by telephone 5 days later in a complete panic :biggrin:
Reply 29
Solemn Wanderer
the shower in their library

Does it get much use?
Reply 30
Solemn Wanderer
and the shower in their library.

In the library?? I haven't seen that :hmmmm2:
Lottie
Does it get much use?

Lol - The Push Uni Guide makes reference to this in Christ's entry: apparently it's for students who "are working a little too hard". Their library is also open 24/7, IIRC...
Reply 32
You know what? I can officially say that this is going to be THE longest month of my life to date...
Reply 33
CoS88
You know what? I can officially say that this is going to be THE longest month of my life to date...

I might just have to agree with you there.

I keep wondering if they know now or when they knew or when they will know which applicants to take. (Apologies for the sloppy phrasing.)
Reply 34
i just wish i get my decision yesterday and i am still alive today
btw: my interview was on 4th Dec it was quite early.
Reply 35
Vazzyb
hmmmmmm the guy said to me they send out medicine ones early sometimes - before chirstmas

Not in my experience - and that's not just my own personal one (which arrived on Dec 28th; they're getting later!) but the last 3 years on TSR. I've never seen it happen.
Reply 36
Helenia
Not in my experience - and that's not just my own personal one (which arrived on Dec 28th; they're getting later!) but the last 3 years on TSR. I've never seen it happen.

Yeah i did tell him that but he insisted they reach a decision and send out the letters before Christmas at Caius. He must have been confused.
Reply 37
Solemn Wanderer
It's just possible he might have been referring to pool-type decisions being taken before Christmas. In Medicine (but no other subject) it's possible for you to be transferred to another college at a pre-Christmas meeting, and get your offer from them at the start of January, bypassing the pool.

If one is placed in the pool, are the chances of receiving an offer greater or smaller than receiving one 'outright'?
Reply 38
Solemn Wanderer
I think the 'odds' are about the same once you're placed in the pool, as when you're applying originally. However, they classify people as A (strongly recommended), B (probably worth an offer), P (outstanding on paper but less impressive at interview), or S (in need of reassessment). So an 'A' will obviously have a greater chance of an offer than a 'B' applicant, and applicants pooled as 'P'/'S' are probably likely to be called for re-interview.

Thanks for your quick reply! (I tried to rep. you but apparently, "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Solemn Wanderer again.")

I'm expecting a P (due to my GCSE/AS results and frighteningly bland interview performance). :p:
Reply 39
Lottie
Thanks for your quick reply! (I tried to rep. you but apparently, "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Solemn Wanderer again.")

I'm expecting a P (due to my GCSE/AS results and frighteningly bland interview performance). :p:

I'm also expecting a P, due to my results and mediocre interviews

Latest

Trending

Trending