The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I've emailed the Admissions Secretary, she said the date is the 2nd of January and I could email her on the day of 3rd to know the result!! Hope it helps!
Ack....should I email? I'd rather open the letter. It only takes an additional day for stuff to get here.
Reply 62
Solemn Wanderer
I know it's hard to have much sympathy when you're the one actually going through the process, but I really don't envy the Admissions Secretary having to tell people personally that they've been unsuccessful.

I live in HK. By the time they post the letter to me i 'll be in the UK so I wouldn't know my result. Okay? :mad:
Can't be asked to trawl through this thread but did anyone read this ...
http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/section2/2_2.html

looks like we are sposed to hear by the 3rd regardless of college.
Solemn Wanderer
That's what I've been quoting chapter and verse of. :smile:

Thats what I thought originally as it makes the most sense..but I've been hearing that people were told different dates for diff colleges!-with "my" college being at the latest date.
Reply 65
with "my" college being at the latest date.

you can always email them on the 3rd. I hope it's not to obsessive, because that's what I'm going to do :wink:
pure_joy
you can always email them on the 3rd. I hope it's not to obsessive, because that's what I'm going to do :wink:

Nope i'd rather read it in a letter...you should email though because you're an international.
Reply 67
My friend applied to Oxford to do law and already got an offer on Thursday!

I wish Cambridge would let us know earlier!
Reply 68
simply_me
My friend applied to Oxford to do law and already got an offer on Thursday!

I wish Cambridge would let us know earlier!

Patience is a virtue? :s-smilie:
I know, it's so unfair that Oxford applicants get told so early... mind you, they do have to go through a much longer interview process. :p: I was told that they posted the letters on the 2nd of January .

Damn it, I was quite calm and 'que sera sera' about this waiting thing until i read this thread! Damn you all! :p:
Thats so annoying, because im in the Czech Republic i wont get my reply until the 8th!!! :s-smilie:
Awh, that sucks :frown: well my letter will probably only take one more day, aka "crossing the atlantic" time.
I don't know. I sent off for a uni application for america (out of interest) beggining of october and its only just arrived yesterday. Id email just to be sure:p: .
Reply 73
Hehe, so many of us have given into these 'Ticker Factory' Countdowns... *shame*
spunkym0nkey
I don't know. I sent off for a uni application for america (out of interest) beggining of october and its only just arrived yesterday. Id email just to be sure:p: .

HAHAHA, thats great. Princeton sent something to me rush delivery, which is random but took like a day (and I still didn't apply!!!)

I haven't had any trouble thus far with anything taking more than 2-3 days, so I'm not going to worry. USPS Global Mail says it takes 2-3 days, so I assume the other side of the equation should as well.
katrin_tara
Hehe, so many of us have given into these 'Ticker Factory' Countdowns... *shame*

*also bows head in shame* :getmecoat :p:
Reply 76
hyper-little-mushroom-men
Damn it, I was quite calm and 'que sera sera' about this waiting thing until i read this thread! Damn you all! :p:

Me too. :frown:

I don't think I have ever been so scared about something in all my life...I want this soooo bad!
seaspray
Me too. :frown:

I don't think I have ever been so scared about something in all my life...I want this soooo bad!

Well I was bricking it about my AS results, but then that was because I wanted to be able to apply. :p: All roads lead to uni. :wink: And I staved off nervousness then by cleaning the bathroom so I was late and didn't have time to panic, which I can hardly do for two weeks. :frown:
Reply 78
hyper-little-mushroom-men
Well I was bricking it about my AS results, but then that was because I wanted to be able to apply. :p: All roads lead to uni. :wink: And I staved off nervousness then by cleaning the bathroom so I was late and didn't have time to panic, which I can hardly do for two weeks. :frown:

LOL, yeah I know what you mean.

It's kind of scary to think that there is a good chance our applications have already been sorted into "offer" and "rejection" piles. :eek:
But that's the worst! If they have them already, why can't they just tell us straight away!!!
:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending