WHSBaller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Well, they are four parts to one of the options (British Political History 1945-90).
  • Labour Govts 1945-51
  • Tory Govts 1951-64
  • Tory & Labour Govts 1964-79
  • Thatcher 1979-90

In all years previous, they have never asked for the same parts in both 40 mark questions. For the life of me i can't seem to remember anything in the period 1964-79, would people advise me not to learn it and strengthen the other areas, as even if it comes up they'll be another area i can write on?!
eddso
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey,

I am also doing AS Edexcel History

I think it is certain that they won't be asking questions on the same period; the whole reasoning behind the choice of questions, I'm led to believe, is that they understand that there is a large amount of content and there will be stronger areas for us as well as weaker ones. They want us to do well so they wouldn't ask both the same

As for whether you should revise it; I think you should definitely cover it, even if it is only brief. I am studying Henry VIII but I know that they do sometimes like to set a question which requires a cross-over of the bullet points so if you remember the very basic but key facts just in case you need to use them. But I think it would be safe to focus on getting those periods you enjoy most up to scratch

Obviously, I'm sure it would be nice if you could get your head around it - even if it is not for the exam but just to understand the period; but, speaking exams, you should be safe to not focus on it as strongly.

Which periods are you studying for Unit 1?
WHSBaller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Unit 1: Option F

F3 The Collapse of Liberal Italy and the Triumph of Fascist Italy, 1896-43

F7 Second to Third Reich, 1918-45

Thanks for your advice I think that's a good thing to do! Will make sure I have a basic knowledge of the area!
miacat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WHSBaller)
Well, they are four parts to one of the options (British Political History 1945-90).
  • Labour Govts 1945-51
  • Tory Govts 1951-64
  • Tory & Labour Govts 1964-79
  • Thatcher 1979-90

In all years previous, they have never asked for the same parts in both 40 mark questions. For the life of me i can't seem to remember anything in the period 1964-79, would people advise me not to learn it and strengthen the other areas, as even if it comes up they'll be another area i can write on?!
Hello!

I am also doing Edexcel AS History this year, but I'm doing 2D instead, which is just before this period. I haven't thought of it in the way you have, I've just thought of almost copying out the textbook and learning the cold facts :/. Then, the unit 2 exam technique. I would just say learn it all, it makes me feel more comfortable on exam day if I know I know everything to the best I can
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (60)
40.82%
Take autumn exams (53)
36.05%
Look for a job (3)
2.04%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.72%
Take a year out (19)
12.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
5.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed