The Student Room Group

Who was first to Palestine? Palestinians or Israelis?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grandmasterchief
Undoubtedly Israel existed before..Just not inhabited by Israelis as we know them today. The majority of them come from Eastern Europe..

Of course. But Zionism holds the ideology of Jews being in geographical Israel. The Israeli nationality has only existed for about 67 years.
Reply 41
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
And you know this because...?
I promise lying isn't making you more correct. 25% of Israel's population is non-Jewish, and, trust me, they don't go 'through hell' to have a house there. I know many non-Jews living in Israel and they are happy there.

The Israel land Administration owns most of the land, they only sell homes to Jews in most areas.

Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu
-COUGH- The ancient kingdom of israel -COUGH-

The Palestinians are only their because of ottomans, and the ottomans because of the fall of rome, and rome owned it because of the fall of the kingdom of israel.

Yes, the land has passed ownership through many powers, while the people have genetically stayed largely the same. There is no archeological or genetical evidence that the people who immigrated to Israel have any connection to the ancient kingdom, it is all a falsehood. Even the religion Ancient Israelites worships was very different to modern Judaism.
You don't understand. The Israelis living in Israel TODAY have no ties to the Ancient Israel. And even if they did, what kind of logic is that?? If my family owned a house many many years ago, I can't go claim it now just bc it used to belong to my them!!!

I don't think you understand the idea behind a Jewish homeland. Jews have been massacred throughout the centuries in Europe. The idea of returning to our ancient homeland, safe from the dangers we've always faced, was every Jew's hope. We hold the right to have one, the same as there are many countries which declare themselves Islamic or Christian.
Original post by Durance
The Israel land Administration owns most of the land, they only sell homes to Jews in most areas.

I can assure you this is not true. It is true that Jews, because they can acquire the Israeli passport almost immediately, pay less tax if they're buying their first home. But that's it!
Reply 44
I don't think you understand the idea behind a Jewish homeland. Jews have been massacred throughout the centuries in Europe. The idea of returning to our ancient homeland, safe from the dangers we've always faced, was every Jew's hope. We hold the right to have one, the same as there are many countries which declare themselves Islamic or Christian.

There is no Jewish race, you're just a a White, Asian, or African who worships a different religion. It isn't your homeland, your homeland is whichever country your grandparents come from before Israel was invented.

There is no Christian or Islamic race, just countries where the majority believe in that religion.
Original post by Durance
There is no Jewish race, you're just a a White, Asian, or African who worships a different religion. It isn't your homeland, your homeland is whichever country your grandparents come from before Israel was invented.

There is no Christian or Islamic race, just countries where the majority believe in that religion.

There is a very big debate over Jews being a race or not. I really do not want to get into that. But I understand what you're saying and consider it a very valid opinion.

But Judaism is a religion not a race..

That's a very debatable topic.

Original post by Durance

Let me just very quickly note that Jews can be considered a race due to sharing genes. Because marriages in Judaism tend to only happen between Jews, there is scientific evidence for shared genes between Jews only. From Wikipedia: "The authors also compared the distribution of haplotypes of Jews from North Africa with Sephardi Jews and Ashkenazi Jews and found a common origin between these groups"
Reply 49
Let me just very quickly note that Jews can be considered a race due to sharing genes. Because marriages in Judaism tend to only happen between Jews, there is scientific evidence for shared genes between Jews only. From Wikipedia: "The authors also compared the distribution of haplotypes of Jews from North Africa with Sephardi Jews and Ashkenazi Jews and found a common origin between these groups"

And if you compare the haplotypes of Jews with all other caucasians you'll find a common oirigin, it means literally nothing
Are you confused about history?

Israel exists because of the UN resolutions, and Israel militia.

And on your idiotic point about religion, Israel's government is a very secular government, it in fact tries to keep religion out of politics.

Yeah because its a Jewish state right? Secular for jews sure.
Israel has always existed. If not in fact, then in mind. Israel is an idea.
Original post by MaybePossible
Israel has always existed. If not in fact, then in mind. Israel is an idea.

And not a very good one either
Original post by hdindak
wow reported !!! big man

I feel for you, you got reported. :eek::eek::eek:. TSR for you...
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Politricks
And not a very good one either

In a sea of unrest, fallen and surviving dictatorships, we should probably settle for reasonable ideas rather than searching for the elusive good ones.
Reply 55
Original post by MaybePossible
In a sea of unrest, fallen and surviving dictatorships, we should probably settle for reasonable ideas rather than searching for the elusive good ones.

Israel created most of the wars in the Middle East
Yet in the last war, Israel's 'self defence' killed 2100 people most of them civilians with a further 9000 injured...Hamas' rockets killed 78 Israelis most of them soldiers...I disagree with many of Hamas' policies including their random rocket fire but you cannot call that self defence. And if you imprison many people in an open air prison for decades (Gaza) where they don't have basic necessities, it's only logical that extremist groups will arise. It's Israel's fault that a group like Hamas exists...

If Hamas know how ineffective their own rockets are, why would they keep firing them? Do they not care about their own citizens?
Israel never specifically fired at Civilians, thery fired at suspected Hamas targets, but Hamas uses human shields, and Israel can't just sit there and do nothing can it.

It's Israel's fault for being persecuted for thousands of years and just wanting one country they could peacefully live in?

But the thing is Hamas don't actually use human shields....
Do research please :smile:
Original post by Skip_Snip
If Hamas know how ineffective their own rockets are, why would they keep firing them? Do they not care about their own citizens?

I really don't know Hamas' thought process as they fire their rockets but it's clear that they are a reaction to the extreme conditions and the oppression in Gaza which is imposed by Israel.

The Palestinians are only their because of ottomans, and the ottomans because of the fall of rome, and rome owned it because of the fall of the kingdom of israel.

The Ancient Kingdom of Israel fell in 720 BCE. The Romans wouldn't get there for another 650 years. In the meantime it would be under the control of the Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Alexander the Great, and the Selucids.

And even if we count the Byzantines as Romans, the Romans left in the 7th Century, about 900 years before the Ottomans conquered Palestine; during that time it was also controlled by the Persians again, the Caliphates, Seljuks, Crusaders, Saladin, and the Mamluks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending