The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

ECA applicants 15/16 accomodation

I've just got an offer from ECA for first year illustration, just trying to see where other ECA students are thinking of staying? Was looking at Portsburgh Court run by Unite Students, but apparently the uni aren't renting out rooms there as of this year, so its only people at other universities. Have been looking at Deaconness and Kincaid as they look the best and nearest to ECA/ stuff going on. Would love to know what everyone's doing as would really like to end up somewhere with other ECA students!!
Reply 1
I'm hopefully going into second year fashion! I've been thinking about mansion fountainbridge, meadow court or abbeyhill

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by pipella
I'm hopefully going into second year fashion! I've been thinking about mansion fountainbridge, meadow court or abbeyhill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was also thinking about fountain bridge, as it's quote close...bit I'm not sure as it's a bit out of the way of the social areas in town...
Good grief, another 1st year illustrator! :biggrin: Don't suppose any of guys were at the post-offer visit day yesterday?

Anyhoo, ECA student accommodation chat. The places I've been looking at are all south of the Meadows, so I can wander through on my way there and back - so Warrander Park Road/Crescent, Sciennes (is it a hard C or a soft C? Nobody knows), Meadow Court, that lot.

Anyway, that's me.
Reply 4
I went yesterday - got an offer for art and applying to pollock hall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't know there was a post-offer day. Didn't get told about it. Was it for 1st years only though
Reply 6
I firmed for first year art and applied for accommodation already? Darroch Court, Kincaid's court and robertson's close were what i picked because they're all close enough and less expensive than other places..
If you're looking for somewhere close too ECA, then pick Portsburgh Court. It's across the road.
Original post by UPSDGoat
If you're looking for somewhere close too ECA, then pick Portsburgh Court. It's across the road.

OP says it's not available to Edinburgh uni students this year, which is a real shame, as as you say, it couldn't be any more convenient unless they put beds in the studios.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
OP says it's not available to Edinburgh uni students this year, which is a real shame, as as you say, it couldn't be any more convenient unless they put beds in the studios.

That is a real shame, my bad!
I've had mates there for the last 2 years and it's great halls

Indeed. My son was there for his first year, and I almost didn't resent paying the rent...
Just applied for pollock hall!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

I mean it's available, but the Uni hasn't taken out flats so you may end up with people from other unis and not people from ECA :/
Reply 13
Original post by BadgersCanFly
Good grief, another 1st year illustrator! :biggrin: Don't suppose any of guys were at the post-offer visit day yesterday?

Anyhoo, ECA student accommodation chat. The places I've been looking at are all south of the Meadows, so I can wander through on my way there and back - so Warrander Park Road/Crescent, Sciennes (is it a hard C or a soft C? Nobody knows), Meadow Court, that lot.

Anyway, that's me.

Wow hi! I haven't looked at those as they're a bit far away from me. Haven't been to any post-offer visit days, only got my offer on Tuesday so :3
Original post by Otty001
I mean it's available, but the Uni hasn't taken out flats so you may end up with people from other unis and not people from ECA :/

That's the way it used to be. Sounds like nothing's changed. It didn't seem to be a problem.
Really wish they would do a Post-Offer visit day for 2nd year applicants, guess it's cause we got to go to an applicant day. :colondollar:
Anyone staying at pollock halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elinorod
I firmed for first year art and applied for accommodation already? Darroch Court, Kincaid's court and robertson's close were what i picked because they're all close enough and less expensive than other places..

me too.

was looking at portsbourgh court like you say its right across the road but its a lot more money it looks like...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending