GCSE students: Please test my Powerpoint maths quiz (I will pay you £10!)

Watch
raphile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
*** EDIT: I have now been contacted by 5 people who have agreed to test my quiz in exchange for £10, so the offer of £10 (see below) is no longer open to any more people - sorry. However, feel free to contact me if you are curious and would like to try my quiz for free. ***

Hi everyone, I am currently at university studying a PGCE (this means I am training to be a teacher). For one of my assignments, I need to create a computer application which can be used for teaching maths. I also need to test it on some GCSE maths students and report on their feedback.

I only have a few days left to submit the assignment, and am struggling to find some GCSE students to test my application, which is a quiz that I've made in PowerPoint. I am willing to pay a small amount of money in exchange for some real feedback from GCSE students that I can use for my assignment. Therefore, I will pay £10 each to the first 5 people who agree to test my PowerPoint quiz and send me feedback by the end of Monday, April 6th (payment will be sent after you have e-mailed me the feedback).

If you want to help me with this, here is what I need you to do:

1) Reply to this thread or send me a private message and tell me your e-mail address. Please note, you must be a GCSE maths student!

2) I will then send you the PowerPoint file by e-mail. It is a multiple-choice quiz, with 20 questions. You just need to click buttons to answer the questions. The questions are on the topic of areas and perimeters of shapes (e.g. rectangles, circles). There are also some slides with information on this topic, just to refresh your memory. After you have answered the 20 questions, you will get a final score. The quiz is not taken online, so nobody will find out your score. If you wish, you can do the quiz again as many times as you want.

3) After you have completed the quiz, I need you to send me some feedback by e-mail. Please give my quiz a rating from 1 to 10 (with 10 being the best score) in 3 different categories: user-friendliness, educational value and enjoyability. Please also type a few words commenting on the good and bad points of the quiz (about 20 words is enough, but the more the better).

After you have tested the quiz and sent me feedback, I will send you £10 using Paypal (or I can send a cheque in the post if it is easier). Please note that I need the feedback to be sent by Monday, so there isn't much time. Also, I only need 5 testers, because I don't have a lot of money to spend. So if lots of people want to do it, I will just select the first 5 people.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!
economicshopeful
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by raphile)
Hi everyone, I am currently at university studying a PGCE (this means I am training to be a teacher). For one of my assignments, I need to create a computer application which can be used for teaching maths. I also need to test it on some GCSE maths students and report on their feedback.

I only have a few days left to submit the assignment, and am struggling to find some GCSE students to test my application, which is a quiz that I've made in PowerPoint. I am willing to pay a small amount of money in exchange for some real feedback from GCSE students that I can use for my assignment. Therefore, I will pay £10 each to the first 5 people who agree to test my PowerPoint quiz and send me feedback by the end of Monday, April 6th (payment will be sent after you have e-mailed me the feedback).

If you want to help me with this, here is what I need you to do:

1) Reply to this thread or send me a private message and tell me your e-mail address. Please note, you must be a GCSE maths student!

2) I will then send you the PowerPoint file by e-mail. It is a multiple-choice quiz, with 20 questions. You just need to click buttons to answer the questions. The questions are on the topic of areas and perimeters of shapes (e.g. rectangles, circles). There are also some slides with information on this topic, just to refresh your memory. After you have answered the 20 questions, you will get a final score. The quiz is not taken online, so nobody will find out your score. If you wish, you can do the quiz again as many times as you want.

3) After you have completed the quiz, I need you to send me some feedback by e-mail. Please give my quiz a rating from 1 to 10 (with 10 being the best score) in 3 different categories: user-friendliness, educational value and enjoyability. Please also type a few words commenting on the good and bad points of the quiz (about 20 words is enough, but the more the better).

After you have tested the quiz and sent me feedback, I will send you £10 using Paypal (or I can send a cheque in the post if it is easier). Please note that I need the feedback to be sent by Monday, so there isn't much time. Also, I only need 5 testers, because I don't have a lot of money to spend. So if lots of people want to do it, I will just select the first 5 people.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!
Are you able to put a link on TSR? If so, I can give feedback for free

I am a GCSE student by the way.
economicshopeful
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by economicshopeful)
Are you able to put a link on TSR? If so, I can give feedback for free

I am a GCSE student by the way.
When I say "Are you able to put a link on TSR?", I mean can you PM me with it?
Kokomi-Chan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is this genuine? I mean, I was a GCSE student last year, can I participate?
Placeboo123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can give you feedback for free if you want.
raphile
Rep:
?
I wasn't expecting people to offer to test it for free! If you are kind enough to do that, it will help me get a larger number of responses so that would help a lot - thanks! However, I am still willing to pay £10 to a maximum of 5 people.

Kokomi-Chan, I welcome feedback from anyone, but for my assignment I really need current GCSE students if possible. Therefore the £10 offer is only open to current GCSE students.

I am not sure if there is a way for me to upload the file to TSR (in private messages or otherwise), so if you want to test it, could you please PM me your e-mail address?
danu7864
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i can give you feedback right now

we can agree the payment details via email if you wish after i give feedback
raphile
Rep:
?
UPDATE: I have now been contacted by 5 people who have agreed to test my quiz in exchange for £10. This means I will not be able to offer £10 to anyone else - sorry.

If you would still like to try my quiz for free, feel free to send a PM to me with your e-mail address and I will send it to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (98)
61.64%
No (61)
38.36%

Watched Threads