dragonfire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, can anyone tell me how good learning support is within the University?
University of Chester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dragonfire)
Hi, can anyone tell me how good learning support is within the University?
Hello, we have an excellent student support team, who are there to support our students. They offer a variety of services including student skills development, this includes study skills, volunteering opportunities and mentoring. There's also student welfare, counselling and disability support. There's further details of all our support services online http://www.chester.ac.uk/campus-life...udents/section.

All students will also be a Personal Academic Tutor (PAT). PATs give advice and guidance in relation to your course of study; they provide a reference on completion of your degree and offer help or direction to resources for any personal issues you may encounter along the way. Students normally meet with their PAT regularly throughout the academic year.

Hope that helps
UoC Induction
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We also have two Development Weeks, one in November (focusing on Academic Skills) and one in March (focusing on Assessment) during which Study Skills sessions are run including APA Referencing, Academic Writing, Critical Thinking & Essay Writing. Our Academic Skills Tutors also run sessions for students with Specific Learning Difficulties such as dyslexia.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Chester
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Chester
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.86%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.57%
There's nothing they could do (105)
30%

Watched Threads

Latest