Bubblebex1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Now it is the Easter holidays I have properly started my revision, today I tried to do some English Literature Revision, and it went very badly. Can someone give me some clear tips of what is an effective way of revising for English Literature, and not just "Do lot's of past papers." as I feel that first I need to learn everything, poetry, Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men.
economicsrocks
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Reread all of your texts, and as you do so make summaries of each section, with a list of key quotes and analysis for each quote. You should also go through and consider what the themes are and perhaps group the quotes according to theme Honestly, I wouldn't do lots of past papers for English, making essay plans is better (IMO).
Bubblebex1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by economicsrocks)
Reread all of your texts, and as you do so make summaries of each section, with a list of key quotes and analysis for each quote. You should also go through and consider what the themes are and perhaps group the quotes according to theme Honestly, I wouldn't do lots of past papers for English, making essay plans is better (IMO).
Thank you this is very helpful I will set time aside to read the books and I will make some notes on them and plans! Thank you!
economicsrocks
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bubblebex1)
Thank you this is very helpful I will set time aside to read the books and I will make some notes on them and plans! Thank you!
You're welcome! Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (401)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (311)
43.68%

Watched Threads