The Student Room Group

can you FAIL IB?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
my school is terrible...

i actually know people who've failed...

one reason that wasn't mentioned:

ur level of intelligence (or lack thereof)
haha...your level of intelligence would lead to your not getting the number of points required...

I know someone who failed because he stupidly plagarised his EE.
Reply 22
HMSChocolate
haha...your level of intelligence would lead to your not getting the number of points required...

I know someone who failed because he stupidly plagarised his EE.

that is a really stupid thing to do.
my school have this software which scans for palgarism.
all IB students EE get scanned before they hand it up to the IBO.
Reply 23
in our school,we have separate sections for the girls and the boys

this one girl did her math portfolio...got it approved by the math teacher, and then obediently gave it to her boyfriend in the boys section. stupid girl didn't think that they would send both the girls' and the boys' work together...

obviously, they both didn't pass...

thus, we reach another reason for not passing the IB:

LOVE
Reply 24
Ramsha
in our school,we have separate sections for the girls and the boys

this one girl did her math portfolio...got it approved by the math teacher, and then obediently gave it to her boyfriend in the boys section. stupid girl didn't think that they would send both the girls' and the boys' work together...

obviously, they both didn't pass...

thus, we reach another reason for not passing the IB:

LOVE

Idiot idiot idiot boyfriend. What a moron.
Idiot idiot girlfriend for giving the essay to him. Honestly, why would you be so stupid, taking an EE from someone in your own school? if it's the same subject it's sent to the same examiner.
Reply 26
haha well, it was the portfolio...not the EE...but well, is this turning into a gender argument? haha...whose a bigger idiot-the chick or the dude? lol.

i say the girl...she's the one who did the work...and screwed up her life along with her lazy bum of a boyfriend (who was pretty hot btw..but where did his hot looks lead him??? to failure) *dum dum dum dum* scary music
Reply 27
Haha, well they are both idiots, but I have to feel bad for the girl who I presume was only giving the portfolio to "help". If she knew he was going to hand it in, then she is stupid.
Reply 28
No shyt she's stupid. Just 'coz the boys school is 20 minutes away does not mean that they would not send it together (same school..). *bangs head on some nearby wall*

love makes people do really REALLY stupid things. *sigh*
Reply 29
I didn't read time as a failing condition.

Can you fail the IB for not going to enough classes? Still giving in all IAs, etc on time.
Reply 30
I don't think the IBO is concerned with your attendance. I think that is more of a school policy than an IBO one. But I think it's implied that your school will take the necessary procedures to deal with ... the skippers :p:
Reply 31
There does exist a minimum requirement of school hours attendance, but I think it's rather my own school's ****ed up policy.
Reply 32
Its an IB policy for minimum hours teaching required for each course.... It's then the school's own policies about attendance.
Reply 33
hahaha if attendance is a requirement, then I've failed with flying colors.
I have another question concerned with plagiarism and obviously failing the IB.

If you have plagiarised ur World Lit essay and it was found out by the external examiner - r u going to fail?

And also does the IB keep the bank of all World Lit essays from past (all languages?) + who does the marking? Can you for example submit a World Lit or EE written by another guy 5 years ago and would it be found out? How does IB find copied essays?
Reply 35
If you have plagiarised ur World Lit essay and it was found out by the external examiner - r u going to fail?

Of course. You will probably end up not getting your diploma depending on the severity of the situation. Also, your teacher has to verify that your WL is your own work and if they catch you plagarising, the school may have some consequences as well. So, just do your own work ... it's not hard.

And also does the IB keep the bank of all World Lit essays from past (all languages?) + who does the marking? Can you for example submit a World Lit or EE written by another guy 5 years ago and would it be found out? How does IB find copied essays?

Yes they will. I'm not sure how but one of the 'devices' they use to keep track of these things is turnitin.com. There are probably other ways to do this but, they will catch you if you make it blatantly obvious. If someone else wrote their WL on the same topic however, I'm sure the examiner will look through both essays and determine for themselves if there has been any plagarism. Even if they are the same topics, there should be some distinct differences ... the probability is just too small for these kinds of things to happen.
just dont ask about plagarism and how they catch you at it. just dont do it.

my school have a 90% attendance policy. if you don't meet this, you are not allowed to take your IB exams or graduate. it's actually rather strict.
Reply 37
Wow that's rather harsh. We have a rather strict policy as well but it's rare that our teachers actually adheres to them. Lucky us :p:
well I dont actually know anyone who's ever not been allowed to take the exams. but i think the policy is still there, just that no one has passed the line.
Reply 39
HMSChocolate
well I dont actually know anyone who's ever not been allowed to take the exams. but i think the policy is still there, just that no one has passed the line.

For the past 17 classes, I have missed 8. :rolleyes: :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending