The Student Room Group

can you FAIL IB?

Scroll to see replies

You can fail Ib,,,If u fail your IA, anyway IA is hard to fail, unless the examiner was strict,, who knows where examiners are MOST strict??

P.S we submitted WLE, TOK, and EE i am scared, bcz i really worked hard in them (harder than actuall studying)
Reply 61
why do you ask WONDER? it's not like you'll know where they're going.. I suggest you relax and focus on your studying now because what's done is done no need to look back and think about it now:smile:

good luck on your externals:smile:
~Lc~
why do you ask WONDER? it's not like you'll know where they're going.. I suggest you relax and focus on your studying now because what's done is done no need to look back and think about it now:smile:

good luck on your externals:smile:

I cant relax bcz it was the only thing that i worked hard, and i heard that in some countries examiners are more strict than others . So i Still want to know wat countries Examiners are worst ......
Reply 63
I think that it is very tough to fail in IB.. LOL
Reply 64
Well, I'm one of the 'testers' of IB for my school. I'm in my second year. We were the first and the last to take the IB at my school, LOL. Last year 15 people signed up for it, now theres only 7 doing it. And there is no IB1 group, just us IB2s.

Theres not long left and we just got given our Maths's IA's to do on friday. We have our whole Economics portfolio to complete, TOK essay, some people still have their EE's to do, and CAS hours aren't finished either.

I just took some MOC exams, and I've had my Spanish, Biology and World Lit results - I failed Spanish and Biology and World Lit I passed with quite a good grade.

Maths I have no clue about, and Spanish I just don't think I'm going to have enough time revise.

Arrgggh !!:s-smilie:

Has any one had any Uni offers, and how high are the conditions? The universities don't seem to really understand them properly here, YET. But my conditons on entering aren't that bad, 28 points from 2 of them and 30 from another.
Its an old thread i know..

But i was wondering if anyone has actually ever failed IB for sharing or "stealing" past papers..

Anyone know?
thatonealex
Its an old thread i know..

But i was wondering if anyone has actually ever failed IB for sharing or "stealing" past papers..

Anyone know?

I'm pretty sure you're not going to fail for sharing past papers...besides...we need the past papers to get the gist of the IB papers and understand the criteria...
Im not worried about failing. Ive already finished my exams in november.. I was just wondering.

Anyone else have any experience with this?
14 students failed at our school this year.
Of course, they're all international students from China.
I don't know why our school encourages them to sit their exams in English, it's evidenced this year and in past years that the language barrier is too difficult.

1. Poor EE / TOK results.
2. A 2 in any higher level.
3. Not reaching required CAS hours.
4. Not reaching minimum of 24 / 45.

Good luck .!
5. Not reaching 12 in HL
6. Not submitting IA on time
7. Caught cheating/Plagarizing
8. Having less than 3 HL
9. Not having subjects from 5 different areas

...those are the main ones, i think there are 30-40 ways to fail the IB it's in the Vade Macum :P
Yes you can fail IB. For our school we need to have 24 points from the exams, turn in our EE and TOK essay, and do CAS.
We have to turn our EE and World Lit papers to turnitin.com before sending it to IB.
well this is an old thread, and i cant seem to find a similar but newer one... anyway does anyone know whether you fail the ib if you dont do your oral assessments (for self taught). either because youre absent or because you freeze up when talking and cant continue no matter what?
Reply 72
What happens if you have an F in TOK in the first year? Would that be a failure in the IB?
I have a question, for example, I am in grade 10, and what if I get 2 or a 3 in 1 of the subjects. So will I fail grade 10 or will I pass?
Just a side question. If someone does not turn in their IA like i did not, can they still sit for their exams and try and get credit? i gave up on the full diploma and just want to earn some credit before college now. Can anyone help me?
Reply 75
Original post by Rose0414
Just a side question. If someone does not turn in their IA like i did not, can they still sit for their exams and try and get credit? i gave up on the full diploma and just want to earn some credit before college now. Can anyone help me?

I assume so. You are able to take the exam but baring in mind that the IA is a percentage of your final grade. so if your IA isn't submitted then that means you got given a 0 for IA which means that even if you get a 7 in your exam you can just about pass the subject.
I don't know why you gave up on the diploma, if you're up for the exam then the IA is much easier than the content itself.

hope this helps.
Original post by emannii
I assume so. You are able to take the exam but baring in mind that the IA is a percentage of your final grade. so if your IA isn't submitted then that means you got given a 0 for IA which means that even if you get a 7 in your exam you can just about pass the subject.
I don't know why you gave up on the diploma, if you're up for the exam then the IA is much easier than the content itself.

hope this helps.

Welp, I ended up turning it in, so I am all good there, but just in case anyone else is wondering, my teachers told me that this year if someone does not turn in their IA they cannot sit for the test. I don't know how accurate it is, but I am glad I turned in the IA after all.
Reply 77
Original post by Rose0414
Welp, I ended up turning it in, so I am all good there, but just in case anyone else is wondering, my teachers told me that this year if someone does not turn in their IA they cannot sit for the test. I don't know how accurate it is, but I am glad I turned in the IA after all.

Good, I'm glad it worked out for you and it varies with every school.
Original post by buzhidao
hrm...just out of curiosity here. a lot of people at my school ask this question and im interested too.

i know that if you dont complete CAS, you wont get the diploma and this is a way you can fail...so my question is...can you fail it in any other ways?

eg.
u get a 3 or 4 for one of your subject in your final exam or something like that.

Yes you fail if you don't complete CAS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending