Just wondering why is it necessary to buy a new frame for glasses? Watch

nadzworldz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Not to sound cheap to anything why cant the lens be changed instead of having to purchase a new frame? And especially if it still fits and you don't mind keeping the same style? :dontknow::confused:And don't mean to sound silly, do you have to purchase contact lenses or glasses from the opticians you are registered with or can you purchase them online from a different service and just visit that opticians for an eye test? Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Last time I went in, they did let me keep the frame, and they just updated my prescription?
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can purchase online if you have an updated prescription. You can change only the lenses if the frame is in good condition. I changed lenses few times when I was at school.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In my experience, opticans will let you change the lenses and keep the frame but will not take responsibility if the frame breaks while in their care. Whereas if you buy a frame from them they'll replace it if it breaks.
nadzworldz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Arkasia)
Last time I went in, they did let me keep the frame, and they just updated my prescription?
(Original post by Kathy89)
You can purchase online if you have an updated prescription. You can change only the lenses if the frame is in good condition. I changed lenses few times when I was at school.
(Original post by Sabertooth)
In my experience, opticans will let you change the lenses and keep the frame but will not take responsibility if the frame breaks while in their care. Whereas if you buy a frame from them they'll replace it if it breaks.
Thank you for your replies. I have been to the opticians today and I have been given a new prescription and was able to keep my frame.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (160)
74.77%
Jeremy Hunt (54)
25.23%

Watched Threads