Will you be watching the debate tonight? Watch

Poll: Will you be watching the 7-leader debate tonight on ITV?
Yes, I will definitely be watching! (32)
86.49%
Not sure. (3)
8.11%
No - the leaders debate doesn't interest me. (2)
5.41%
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago

Tonight, ITV, 8pm.

Will you be watching??

Things to watch out for:

* Will Miliband get to debate head-to-head with Cameron? Or will they ignore each other? Cameron will probably try to pretend Miliband is 'just another minor candidate'.

* Will Natalie Bennett recover ground for the Greens?

* Will Clegg get booed? :teehee:

* Will Farage make mincemeat of Cameron?

Or will it all be very boring?

You decide. :yep:
Mr...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really want to watch it :woo:
Howbeit
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Looking forward to it. I really hope this debate prevents people from voting for some of the minor parties.
MiddleHendon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't have a TV.
miser
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We'll be having a live chat thread on TSR tonight while it's on. Keep your eyes peeled.
itssimplyme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Should be interesting! :yep:
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if it is on the wireless i shall listen
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Will be watching!!!
predictions
ed will win
farage will look like a fool
Bennett will unfortunately do poorly
sturgen will rip miliband and Cameron to shreads
Clegg will do better then you think
SophF_rth
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, I'm very excited!
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by miser)
We'll be having a live chat thread on TSR tonight while it's on. Keep your eyes peeled.
Good, sounds fun.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)

* Will Natalie Bennett recover ground for the Greens?
nope

I think Sturgen will win in that she will do best out of it for her party.
k4l397
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'll definitely be watching. Not sure if much will come out of it but I'm hoping we'll get just as much of a chance to hear from smaller parties as the big 3. I'd hope the greens would win but that just won't happen unfortunately, really not sure how they'll perform. I expect Ed will probably win it. Cameron will almost definitely answer every question by referring to the economy over the last 5 years which will drive most people crazy - if he has any support left from the working class I expect he'll slowly be losing it over the course of the debate. Not too sure about Clegg either, he did loads better than I expected 5 years ago so I'd be looking forward to see it.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
nope
It really is make or break for her personally tonight, after her dismal performance on LBC attracted widespread ridicule. It's a shame, because she's interesting, bright and articulate, I am hoping this will be a great time for her to shine.

I suspect Farage will do well from tonight and so will Nicola Sturgeon.
miser
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Poll here for who you think will come out on top: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3237479
LostGear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This has never been done before so I am quite excited to see how it goes!

Will this change my stance on politicians? Probably not.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
It really is make or break for her personally tonight, after her dismal performance on LBC attracted widespread ridicule. It's a shame, because she's interesting, bright and articulate, I am hoping this will be a great time for her to shine.

I suspect Farage will do well from tonight and so will Nicola Sturgeon.
I never can spell her name correctly :mad:

I want Caroline Lucas back
dolan m
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
milliband to carpet bomb the D-bate
Swanbow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Labour and the Lib Dems will get drowned out by the nationalists and the Green party.

The Conservatives will get outmanoeuvred by UKIP.

Difficult to call a winner.

So long as Cameron remains 'Prime Ministerial', and doesn't get involved in slinging matches with Labour and UKIP he should come away well no matter how bland he is, i.e. repeating 'long term economic recovery' over and over.

Pressure on Miliband, but I think he will project himself as the sensible left, compared to the loonies, which might play well with undecided voters. He'll take the attack to David Cameron, which will be good as rhetoric, but he also needs to show that he is capable to lead.

Clegg will struggle campaigning as a centre candidate, although he might come away as looking the most sensible out of the lot. They have remained steady in the polls at 8% for a while, I doubt it will ebb away because of a bad performance. He essentially has nothing to lose.

UKIP will attack the Conservatives, but Farage will continue with his populist rhetoric to bring in people disillusioned with Labour and the Tories. He has to prepare from an assault on all sides, but he will be an entertaining speaker nonetheless.

Bennett will try project herself as the only left wing candidate in England, but she is at risk of getting teared apart on her immigration and defence policy. Greens will play well to the metropolitan lefties who hate Labour and the Lib Dems. So long as she doesn't stumble again, but Caroline Lucas would be better in the debate.

Plaid Cymru will be looking to woo Labour and Lib Dem voters in Wales. Wood is pretty capable, but might come across as a bit of a lightweight compared to the rest. This kind of national platform isn't the best strategy for Plaid, they need to take a Lib Dem approach at focusing on winnable constituencies in Wales instead. Having a taffy as leader is a big risk for Plaid, they have a lot to gain in the South by doing so, but it might put the gogs off in the North.

Sturgeon will play well with the Scottish audience no matter what. It would take something spectacular to derail their steam roller. She poses the most threat to Labour, as Little Englanders hate the notion of her and Miliband being in 'cahoots'. A lacklustre performance unfortunately won't save Labour in Scotland.

Order of who I think will peform best....

Miliband
Cameron
Clegg
Farage
Sturgeon
Wood
Bennett

But I suspect that Cameron will come away as winner, albeit not by much, and electorate will be even more confused and disillusioned by the election which is exactly what Lynton Crosby wants.
dolan m
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
honestly though i hope it'll prove how stupidly dumb the minor parties are and highlight their illogical and largely overlooked policies. i don't think Labour and the Conservative will be fazed much by this debate.
KingMessi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, I'll be watching - it will provide a welcome revision break from Finals - though I'm cynical about the entire format.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (139)
17.62%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.38%
No I am happy with my course choice (464)
58.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (112)
14.2%

Watched Threads